www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Fix Wifi nvram warning: err 0x10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Star S5 had a weird wifi network inside the Wifi Analyser app with max strength.
The name of this network was "NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 00:00:00...".

After some searching on this forum I found this excellent solution from Gizbeat in this thread:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&pid=207#pid207

From the thread:
(2013-03-27, 04:20)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], extract and copy to the SD on your phone
  • Install a root file browser app such as ES File Explorer
  • MAKE SURE root browsing privileges are enabled in the app. Some root file browsers will have it enabled by default, others such as ES File Explorer require you to go into settings and enable
  • Navigate to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
  • Rename the file WIFI to WIFI.ori
  • Rename WIFI_CUSTOM to WIFI_CUSTOM.ori
  • Copy the previously downloaded and extracted files to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
  • Reset the phone
  • You're done. Your MAC address is now fixed. To go back to spoofy style, follow the procedure in reverse by renaming the WIFI and WIFI_CUSTOM to something else and renaming WIFI.ori and WIFI_CUSTOM.ori back to their original names.

There is some difference, the folder name on the Star S5 is:
    /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB/

For me the copy to the /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB/ did not work, I used the command line adb tool (Android SDK) to copy it.

If you need help with that just ask, I'll post a snippet how to do it command line.
    Thanks your post has helped me to solved my wifi connection that keep on disconnecting nvram problem is connected with the wifi problem my samsung galaxy s4 clone gti9500 mtk6575 wifi has been fixed thx
    "There is some difference, the folder name on the Star S5 is:

For me the copy to the /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB/ did not work, I used the command line adb tool (Android SDK) to copy it.

If you need help with that just ask, I'll post a snippet how to do it command line."
    i have the same problem how do i use thecommand line adb tool?
    thank you so much.
    im using myphone a919 fresh from the service center when i got home it already have that error and its been almost a week now trying to find a solution.

it worked Thumbs Up
    OK. I have the same problem how do I use the command line adb tool?

(2013-09-04, 11:00)Fabrizioxd8 Wrote: [ -> ]"There is some difference, the folder name on the Star S5 is:

If you need help with that just ask, I'll post a snippet how to do it command line."
    i have the same problem how do i use thecommand line adb tool?
    It's a nice guide and it works. But I used it on both my phones and ended up with exact same MAC addresses on both phones, leaving me with wifi-trouble because we then share ip-address assigned by the wifi router...

There seems no way aound this but to "roll back", as I have tried different apps/tweaks for changing MAC address. I also tried some "ghosting" apps, without any luck, the MAC address seem to stick...This sucks

Both phones are rooted

Has anyone else encountered this?
    Gizbeat already posted a solution for the "same MAC address" issue...

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
    (2013-05-23, 01:48)Stefanic Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&pid=207#pid207

From the thread:
    (2013-03-27, 04:20)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], extract and copy to the SD on your phone
  • Install a root file browser app such as ES File Explorer
  • MAKE SURE root browsing privileges are enabled in the app. Some root file browsers will have it enabled by default, others such as ES File Explorer require you to go into settings and enable
  • Navigate to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
  • Rename the file WIFI to WIFI.ori
  • Rename WIFI_CUSTOM to WIFI_CUSTOM.ori
  • Copy the previously downloaded and extracted files to \data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEBed
  • Reset the phone
  • You're done. Your MAC address is now fixed. To go back to spoofy style, follow the procedure in reverse by renaming the WIFI and WIFI_CUSTOM to something else and renaming WIFI.ori and WIFI_CUSTOM.ori back to their original names.

There is some difference, the folder name on the Star S5 is:

If you need help with that just ask, I'll post a snippet how to do it command line.
    can you guide me how to do it?i have the wifi problem on my s4 clone
    Hello, I have problem with my mtk6589, upgraded by a support system of the device and establish a communication when they can not hear me well. This problem was solved a bit, does not have much signal. The other problem I have is still my wifi connection, I realized what this forum without any problem, but my phone capture wifi for a short time and then stops working, I have to restart the phone to continue using it. Someone could providing me a solution? Thank you!
    (2014-02-09, 00:16)adrianfe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have problem with my mtk6589, upgraded by a support system of the device and establish a communication when they can not hear me well. This problem was solved a bit, does not have much signal. The other problem I have is still my wifi connection, I realized what this forum without any problem, but my phone capture wifi for a short time and then stops working, I have to restart the phone to continue using it. Someone could providing me a solution? Thank you!

Hi adrianfe
    Maybe the problem is your router...?
    Have you tried any wifi helper apps, like wifi fixer etc...?
    Also you can try to do a full backup, and then factory restore - or even install a custom rom... You can always "roll back" afterwards, by reinstalling your backup.

You must also consider a hardware fault offcourse. There is a russian guy on youtube folding a piece of tinfoil to enhance wifi connection on a Star S5, it actually works quite well...
    Pages: 1 2