www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: need cwm recovery in english
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

i was going thru forum post to create CWM for MTK phone.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

after full rom backup and prepare blocks process, when i choose to create the CWM recovery by choosing "use boot from phone or 3rd option "choose the boot.img file... both of them are giving me error " ERROR :Boot unthe public mailing list [email protected]"
Task complete.

i don't know what does that mean, and how to go from there.
are you using Windows and a package called cygwin by any chance?

if so why?
Are you on Windows 8.1?

Try downloading this. http://www.4shared.com/folder/PAGMriQT/cygwin_files.html
Extract the files, copy them and paste in files folder found under MTK_Droid_Tools_253 > MtkDroidTools
Replace the corresponding existing .dll files then try again. Select the Choose boot.img file option.
(2014-08-24, 07:57)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]are you using Windows and a package called cygwin by any chance?

if so why?

I am sry, i dont know what is cygwin and dont think tht i have that in my PC (unless its called something else)

here are a few softwares that i have installed, if that rings any bell:

Backuptrans: iPhone WhatsApp to Android Transfer

BIRDA_SN_STATION_MT6592 (To restore IMEI on MTK phones)

BlueStacks: to run Android apps on pc

VMware Workstation: Vertual machine

PDANet+ for Android
(2014-08-24, 21:26)chetanverma Wrote: [ -> ]I am sry, i dont know what is cygwin and dont think tht i have that in my PC (unless its called something else)

PDANet+ for Android

It's Droid Tools that uses Cygwin. Are you using Win 8.1? Sometimes, Droid Tools gets problems with 8.1. just replace the dll files. See post #13
Hi if you review your post 11 you report cygwin.

I believe you when you say you did not install it....no problems but what that means is what ever you did with your process in post 11 is wrong.

It was expecting you to use software you have not installed and I am not asking you to install it.....go back and find a different way please.

FWIW that software is normally used by Windows users to run Linux software.

EDIT

Athos posted at same time. thanks
(2014-08-24, 11:23)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on Windows 8.1?

Try downloading this. http://www.4shared.com/folder/PAGMriQT/cygwin_files.html
Extract the files, copy them and paste in files folder found under MTK_Droid_Tools_253 > MtkDroidTools
Replace the corresponding existing .dll files then try again. Select the Choose boot.img file option.

Yes my friend i am using win 8.1

i just pasted those two tiny files in the folder and........... viollaaahhhh

It worked.............!!!

i just can't think, how should i thank you. me and one of my friend, we both were working on this from past 15 days. i m not a software geek. but i would love to explore things. i just installed MIUI rom on this. and its much better then my previous one.....

Thanks man......... thanks a lot.

(2014-08-24, 21:35)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-24, 21:26)chetanverma Wrote: [ -> ]I am sry, i dont know what is cygwin and dont think tht i have that in my PC (unless its called something else)

PDANet+ for Android

It's Droid Tools that uses Cygwin. Are you using Win 8.1? Sometimes, Droid Tools gets problems with 8.1. just replace the dll files. See post #13

thanks man....... its working now.....
Pages: 1 2