www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: star/tengda s9 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Star S9/tengda S9 phone, I have problem with the battery, when the battery have 30%~ in less of 5 minutes go shutdown, and the battery in >30% drain arround 2% per/minute in use, today my phone not charge more that 90%.

What are the problem? Have solution?

Gretins Smiling
mxater, sorry to say the short answer is "no solution".

The long answer is that it could be due to several things. Can you download the app "Battery Spy" and see what the voltage is during this time. Once the battery reaches a certain voltage, the power will drop off extremely quickly. It could be the kernel is miscalibrated... Meaning 30% could really be 4% in reality.
The voltaje and temperature is very High in this moment, and the android say "Over Temperature Error" when play games.

(2014-08-19, 00:06)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]mxater, sorry to say the short answer is "no solution".

The long answer is that it could be due to several things. Can you download the app "Battery Spy" and see what the voltage is during this time. Once the battery reaches a certain voltage, the power will drop off extremely quickly. It could be the kernel is miscalibrated... Meaning 30% could really be 4% in reality.
Again - please download "battery spy" and report what the voltage is when it starts to drop very quickly
Here is the csv with the data
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
It looks like as I suspected. The voltage is at 3.4+ at 30%, that is way too low. From 3.5 down, the battery will generally loose power very rapidly. It should be showing in single digits at 3.5 (or so. This is off the top of my head)

Also, you should be putting your phone on the charger at around 3.5+. Otherwise the battery will slowly get damaged and just make things worse.
The charger say
Input :100-240v 50/60Hz 0.15A
Output: DC5V ------- 700mA
The charger has nothing to do with it.

I think we are having a language barrier. Please slowly read through what I wrote again.

I am talking about the voltage of the battery when it's off the charger. By the time it hits 3.5 it should be reading in the single digits. (eg. 9%, 8% etc... not 30%)

In context of this conversation, there is nothing wrong with your phone or your battery. It's just that the OS is incorrectly calibrated. It's showing 30%, but should be showing <10% at <3.5 volts.
Ah, ok, I get it, no way to fix this? or modifying the system?
Unfortunately not. You can try to use a custom ROM if any exist for your phone... But probably the custom ROM will still be using the same kernel so it probably will not be helping.

Even if it helped, it will not make a difference with the battery life. Only show different %.

Just consider that 30% is when you should charge your phone and don't let it worry you too much.