www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to back-up a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Chinese Clone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to find a program like MTK Droid Tool to backup the firmware/Rom of this phone. First I couldn't install antutu so that I could find information about the phone so I installed Vellamo and found a bunch of info.

This is what I found:
Board: SM-900
Build Version: alps/zx82/zx82:4.3/KITKAT/1402036575:USER/TEST-KEYS
CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
CPU ABI2: armeabi
Device Name: SM-N900
Manufacturer: Samsung (brand: samsung)
Model: SM-N900
Product name: SM-N900

Now can anyone help me create a backup of this device's firmware so that if I ever have to re-flash it I will have something to fall back on?
Have a look at this video [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&v=DeNii8eXXdI That's how I did mine.
Thanks for the video, however MTK Droid tool does not recognize my phone. When I plug the phone into my computer it shows as SM-N900 so I am assuming that my phone is being recognized by my computer correctly. I would like to find the driver for this particular phone but I don't know where it would be. I don't think the phone has a MTK chipset and this may be the reason MTK Droid tool is not seeing it, but what do I know? lol.
hi.

Do you want to mtk 65xx driver?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

here it is !
(2014-08-19, 23:00)gmcclintock Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-08-20, 21:58)crashbandicot Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

What am I looking for, what do I need to let you guys know about my phone?

FYI:
I removed the battery and noticed that it says SM-N9006 below it, is that enough information or do you need more please tell me what you need to know and I will get you that information. Thanks

(2014-08-20, 14:28)minjun Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

here it is !

I don't think I need that driver because I already have it, but I downloaded and installed it anyway and I still can't get MTK Droid Tools to recognize the phone.
Quote:MTK Droid tool does not recognize my phone

Do you notice if the computer loses the connection?
Is USB Debugging enabled?

If you are rooted, you can use Mobileuncle Tools to get your complete device info. I find Mobileuncle to be quite complete on the device info front. So you can at least verify what hardware you have installed.

You can also get your cpu info from adb or terminal emulator on your phone. Type in:

Code:
su
cat /proc/cpuinfo
(2014-08-21, 00:34)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:MTK Droid tool does not recognize my phone

Do you notice if the computer loses the connection?
Is USB Debugging enabled?

If you are rooted, you can use Mobileuncle Tools to get your complete device info. I find Mobileuncle to be quite complete on the device info front. So you can at least verify what hardware you have installed.

You can also get your cpu info from adb or terminal emulator on your phone. Type in:

Code:
su
cat /proc/cpuinfo

Ok great info, I already had Terminal Emulator installed so I got this info (image attached)
Your kernel doesn't seem to be MTK based.

I'm not sure how complete this will be -- if it backs up the entire ROM and all.

Install Android SDK, connect your phone to your computer. In a command prompt, type the following.
Code:
adb backup -f C:\filename.ab -apk -shared -all

The C:\ is just if you will be using Win OS. If not, just /directory name/filename.ab
(2014-08-21, 12:50)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]Your kernel doesn't seem to be MTK based.

I'm not sure how complete this will be -- if it backs up the entire ROM and all.

Install Android SDK, connect your phone to your computer. In a command prompt, type the following.
Code:
adb backup -f C:\filename.ab -apk -shared -all

The C:/ is just if you will be using Win OS. If not, just /directory name/filename.ab

I agree that it doesn't seem to be MTK that is what I have been trying to tell everyone. Anyway I tried the commands you suggest however I don't know if it was successful or not. What should my end result be? what I should I be looking for? where should the backup be located if it was successful? you know things like that.
Pages: 1 2