www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Bricked MTK6589 (Hike Z1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

Today i bricked my 2 week old Hike Z1 while i tried to install a different rom on it.

My android market got destroyed and wouldnt start, so i wanted to reflash my phone (I have experience with it)
The phone was rooted, so i used the Magic CWM creator to install a recovery on it

The recovery worked, i wiped everything. I thought it would reset to factory settings as i did a factory reset

BUT the phone stayed at the HIKE bootloader(?) sign, so i waited for the battery to go dead

The battery finally went dead. now its bricked.

If i turn the phone on, i feel it vibrate but nothing happens, if i add both/one of the volume buttons, the same thing happens
If i plug the phone in my PC via USB, the phone goes on and stays at the HIKE Bootloader(?) screen, even if i add one or more volume buttons

Could it not be charged enough yet? The charging led goes off when its started via USB so is it even charging?

Could someone please help me?

Regards, Tomaat
Have you tried charging it through AC power?

Do you mean that you cannot get into recovery?
Does your computer still recognize the phone when you connect it?
Do you have a backup of your stock ROM? If you do, try re-flashing it
Friend,
If you can go to recovery this is roms for your phone [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Your chipset is mtk 6589 you can put CWM with mtk sp flash tools [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-08-22, 12:41)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried charging it through AC power?

Do you mean that you cannot get into recovery?
Does your computer still recognize the phone when you connect it?
Do you have a backup of your stock ROM? If you do, try re-flashing it

I can not start phone (No vibrate or screen on, nothing at all.)
I can connect phone to computer and then it gets recognized sometimes as MTK USB

If i try to flash it, i get DRAM Failed Error 5054
I have original rom from Needrom (see post above this one)
I have original boot.img and original recovery.img

I just need to fix DRAM Failed i think
Friend,
read this post [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

And read this one [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&page=24
(2014-08-22, 19:06)crashbandicot Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

And read this one [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] forum-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2447431&page=24
I have all drivers installed, and i used usbdeview before, did not work

Sellers are going to send me a firmware in 2-3 days, hope preloader is included
(2014-08-22, 18:10)IkeaKast Wrote: [ -> ]I can not start phone (No vibrate or screen on, nothing at all.)
I can connect phone to computer and then it gets recognized sometimes as MTK USB

If i try to flash it, i get DRAM Failed Error 5054
I have original rom from Needrom (see post above this one)
I have original boot.img and original recovery.img

I just need to fix DRAM Failed i think

I remember you mentioned the LED charging indicator goes out when charging via USB, which is why I asked if you had tried charging through AC charger, and if it works. Does the LED stay on?

Have you tried formatting with SP Flash Tool before flashing the ROM?

Quote:I have all drivers installed, and i used usbdeview before, did not work

Sometimes you have to do this multiple times, uninstall drivers, uninstall in USBdeview, reboot. And also, make sure all instances of your phone are uninstalled with USBdeview. Then try installing a different driver.
When you flash the ROM, your phone should be recognized as either MediaTek Preloader or DA usb VCOM. If not, you will have to retry drivers.

Do you have a copy of the Ultimate Driver Pack from this forum? Unfortunately, it varies from case to case, and can take several attempts at finding the right drivers to work.