www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK 6592 NO INTERNAL STORAGE IN FILE MANAGER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
title says it all...how to fix this? i got go nx phone and i tried porting roms to it but internal storage wont show up
Hi

I don't have your phone

pls install "a" android terminal from playstore if you don't yet have one

show the result of these.....don't need root for commands

Code:
ls -al /storage

cat /proc/mounts
hi thanks for the reply,i cant install apps aswell though it shows on settings>storage as 32gb but when im using file manager i cant enter phone storage
Hi

Try to avoid using private messaging as I don't believe in helping people by private message. People may come here from google and if the answer is in a pm, they will be none the wiser. I do note your post count so I am not angry at you ok.

1) What was the reason for porting a ROM in the first place?

2) Did you make a backup of your phone before installing ported ROM

3) We all make mistakes so if the answer to (2) is no.....
Do you now have a custom recovery installed AND have you at least made a backup of your currrent (even if bad) setup?

4) Do you have a playstore account?

5)
Quote:i cant install apps
That is not enough information sorry.

Were you --- ever---- able to install apps?

Do you have trouble getting into google playstore?

6) Is there any reason why you can't re-install the stock also known as Official ROM?
sorry.....im still able to get back to my stock rom though it keeps me wondering why my ported roms cant access my internal phone storage. i cant adb with ported rom,cant use mtp to send files to storage and its always set into debugging
file explorer just show plain empty... i want to try other roms Sad
Quote:i want to try other roms
That is a very good reason for rooting your phone but me thinks I can not offer any help unless you answer the other questions.

But if others believe I am too arrogant by all means step in and help.

2) if you have truly restored your stock ROM it can not wonder about anything you claim.
FOUND THE PROBLEM ITS RECOVERY

ORIGINAL RECOVERY WITH WORKING SDCARD PARTITION ON PHONE BUT CANT MOUNT SD CARD TO INSTALL ROMS

# mount point fstype device [device2]

/boot emmc boot
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
/misc emmc misc
/recovery emmc recovery
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6[/code]

NEW RECOVERY WITH WORKING SDCARD TO INSTALL ROMS BUT THE SDCARD PARTITION IS MISSING ON FILE MANAGER

# mount point fstype device [device2]

/boot emmc /dev/bootimg
/misc emmc /dev/misc
/recovery emmc /dev/recovery
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
/sdcard datamedia /dev/null

CAN ANYONE HELP?
no I am sorry you are still wrong. You have researched and found out something fishy about your recovery image.

That is great but useless info....as your normal boot does not know ANYTHING about your fstab.recovery....assuming that is what you are quoting.

since you are ignoring my questions I can offer no further help
good bye