www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Initial review of the THL T6S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just received my THL T6S that I ordered from a local merchant here in Malaysia. These are the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.
Wow! Thanks for taking the time, grungemann!
Its 2:13am at where Im at and Im posting this.. yeah.. its a geek thing.

Well, I had managed to create a "working" cwm recovery and root the device. It took me longer than I had expected.

From my experience, always start with the easiest method possible to gain root. If all hope is gone, take the long path. That was exactly what I did.

I had tried Framaroot, VRoot and a few auto rooting programs and they all failed.

I downloaded the MTK Droid Tools and made a backup of the rom, create a cwm recovery and flash it via the SP Flash Tool.

To enter into recovery, press both vol up & pwr button. Navigate with the vol up button to highlight recovery and press vol down to select.

The auto created cwm is working... well sort of. Its upside down and the output didnt come out right.Well, at least I got a nandroid backup sitting in the internal memory. I still need to backup the NVRAM though.

To gain root, simply flash the update-supersu.zip (mine was v1.99) in recovery.

I had uploaded my cwm recovery image, original recovery, scatter loading file and the original boot image on my [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].

Hopefully somebody in the correct time zone will be kind enough to create a working cwm touch while im taking my nap.

Ciao.
Great post!
I've just ordered the thl t6s. I have to wait a couple of weeks or so to receive it. Googling a little I've found your stupendous post to root the phone.

Thanx in advance for sharing your job.
(2014-08-23, 02:45)grungemann Wrote: [ -> ]... I still need to backup the NVRAM though.

Easiest way to do that is by doing a readback of the nvram partition in flashtools, no need for root to do that and it's the best backup you can get (raw complete partition).
Hi
Quote:The auto created cwm is working... well sort of. Its upside down and the output didnt come out right

to quickly solve upside down read and use this
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

2) but I am unsure what you mean by your output comments.
Expand please
I' ve easily rooted my thl t6s using last [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
No pc needed, no flash tool, no drivers.
After that I plan to fflash your recovery using "mobileuncle".

Hope this help
Antonio
Its good that your son can work a phone like that lol my 3 year old has and use Xbox PSP ndsi tablet works them better than I can haha