www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL 5000] MTK Root & CWM instructions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is largely a set of instructions not only for THL 5000, but how to root any MTK mobile without the quick roots. You must use CWM for YOUR phone, not the one in this package. The one in this package is for THL 5000 only.

If you don't have CWM, [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] to create CWM.

Instructions:

1. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
  2. Extract the package to a folder where you'll know where it is
  3. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
  4. Copy the SuperSU.zip to your phone's SD-card (preferably external)
  5. Boot into recovery (hold VolUp+Power about 10 seconds, if that brings you to factory mode, use VolDown+power)
  6. Select "install .zip from SD"
  7. Navigate to and select the SuperSU.zip you copied earlier
  8. After installation is finished, reboot the phone
  9. Install latest SuperSU from Play
  10. Open SuperSU (from app drawer or within Play)
  11. If it asks you to update the binary, "continue" and do it "standard/normal"
  12. Reboot
  13. Run root checker

Golden

NOTE: You do this at your own risk. There is a very real possibility of bricking your phone when doing any sort of read backs, flashing, rooting etc...
installed CWM on my thl 5000
tried to install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from SD-card
but CWM cannot install it:
(bad)
When trying to come in CWM-recovery after a reboot
I get a system recovery in english.
(2014-11-26, 18:29)ophetdroge Wrote: [ -> ]installed CWM on my thl 5000
tried to install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from SD-card
but CWM cannot install it:
(bad)
When trying to come in CWM-recovery after a reboot
I get a system recovery in english.

Today I tryed to root my THL 5000...
Earlier root with vRoot was a success, but that method was not the right way to root the phone, because it installed so much spyware that I had to factory reset the phone, update via OTA etc...

I tried the CWM method using SPFlash, but it would not allow me to flash the superSu from recovery, the error was "invalid OTA" and some scatter problem.

Later, I decidet to try the TWRM method, also using SPFlash and BOOM!!! It flashed the TWRM recovery and it gave me the option to flash the SuperSu update...

I downloaded the superSu from playstore but Titanium backup kept saying "mount namespace separation issue bla bla bla", so I went to the SuperSu settings and unchecked the "mount namespace separation" option and I finally managed to get Titanium Backup working!