www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to use personal picture as wallpaper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is that Is or Ls? same goes for aL or AI which is it?
lowercase l for lima s for sierra hypen a for alpha l for lima
(2014-09-02, 20:44)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]lowercase l for lima s for sierra hypen a for alpha l for lima

Here are the screenshots I tried it with sdcard then with sdcard1 these are the results.
ok so images prove a file or folder called files does not exist ok
I just tested created a folder using root browser and it works fine for me

If you want to have this folder on your sdcard can we try it by command?
try as local user first .....then test it exists, no need for images unless you do not understand what I am saying ok?

Code:
cd /sdcard
mkdir files
ls -al
(returns longish list...scroll up to find it...if found skip next)

(if not found then maybe need root)
su
cd /sdcard
mkdir files
ls -al

2) now try repeating the earlier copy (cp) command using local user or root
and report

no need to photos unless you are confused, I have tested the local user commands in code box

good luck
Ok I ran the commands, saw the folder created but still can't paste the wallpaper file into that folder. I thought maybe it is a permission issue so I attempted to change the permission of the SDcard and it did not allow me to do so.
ok well its great you have created the folder
the trouble is local user does not get access to the original wallpaper file due to file permissions

can you show in a code box the results of running commands from post 18
ie...su (to root)
then the result of the cp command

cheers
(2014-09-03, 12:23)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]ok well its great you have created the folder
the trouble is local user does not get access to the original wallpaper file due to file permissions

can you show in a code box the results of running commands from post 18
ie...su (to root)
then the result of the cp command

cheers

Ok that did it, however I think I am loosing track of what is going on here because the wallpaper file that was copied to the /files folder is the current wallpaper that has been set. I thought we were trying to figure out a way for me to put my own pictures in a designated folder that I can then select as wallpaper through the Android wallpaper picker/selector.

Anyway I've taken a few screenshots of the directories and what is in them, based on this I've noticed that the /files folder is not on the sdcard it is actually on internal storage, I was under the impression that it will be placed on the removable sdcard but it isn't images may aid with this explanation.
that is my fault

in system settings -> storage I selected sdcard as default storage and reboot phone

so it grabs sdcard0.

I can't see your prev snapshots while in reply mode try changing the output to
/sdcard1/files/wallpaper

but you first have to ensure you create that folder on your sdcard, sdcard1 --- not internal storage.

2)
Quote: I think I am loosing track of what is going on here
I don't blame you for that....what I was replying to if you look back was where to find your current wallpaper.

the other questions have already been answered by wiser heads than me

good luck
(2014-09-03, 15:41)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]that is my fault

in system settings -> storage I selected sdcard as default storage and reboot phone

so it grabs sdcard0.

I can't see your prev snapshots while in reply mode try changing the output to
/sdcard1/files/wallpaper

but you first have to ensure you create that folder on your sdcard, sdcard1 --- not internal storage.

2)
Quote: I think I am loosing track of what is going on here
I don't blame you for that....what I was replying to if you look back was where to find your current wallpaper.

the other questions have already been answered by wiser heads than me

good luck

Thanks for the help getting me this far....
Pages: 1 2 3