www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Need to install android stock rom on Samsung clones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

While am okay with the Samsung hardware, I am interested to root the phone and install a stock android rom on it like the nexus or moto x. Is there one available? Reason being Samsung simulation roms are bulky with Samsung customisation, and need stock rom to reduce the load on the base hardware

If so where an show to go about installing it with maximum functionalities working
That's a good question, but the answer is not as easy.

Essentially, you will have to build it yourself.

Truthfully, you are far better off making your perfect backup (for the ENTIRE device, IMEI, etc). Then root your phone and remove the offending software. Also, you will need to replace the "touchwiz" interface - but frankly this is probably far more hassle than it is worth.

If you decide to take this on and succeed, don't forget to upload it on needrom!

Good luck.
@edcoolio is right. It's more of a complicated process than you'd think.

If you're looking to replace the ROM for your phone and are not an aspiring developer, you'll first need to locate the proper ROM for your phone. Unfortunately, that process can be pretty clunky with a clone. Keep in mind that your hardware is NOT the same hardware that's on a real Samsung, so you can't use a ROM that's made for a Samsung.

The quicker and easier cop-out solution is to just change your launcher. It will replace most of the interface you see with whatever you'd like. I believe there are JB or KK launchers out there. Nova and Apex both seem to be the most popular. I personally use Smart Launcher because I'm a speed/efficiency junkie and value it over frills.
(2014-09-05, 06:07)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]@edcoolio is right. It's more of a complicated process than you'd think.

If you're looking to replace the ROM for your phone and are not an aspiring developer, you'll first need to locate the proper ROM for your phone. Unfortunately, that process can be pretty clunky with a clone. Keep in mind that your hardware is NOT the same hardware that's on a real Samsung, so you can't use a ROM that's made for a Samsung.

The quicker and easier cop-out solution is to just change your launcher. It will replace most of the interface you see with whatever you'd like. I believe there are JB or KK launchers out there. Nova and Apex both seem to be the most popular. I personally use Smart Launcher because I'm a speed/efficiency junkie and value it over frills.

Thanks sounds a little better, yes like you said even am a speed and efficiency junkie than frills which don't add much value to you life. Hence you help n changing the launcher is helpful guys. Thanks with that and as am an iPhone junkie experimenting with android after it's 2.0 days am tweaking around.
Welcome to the Android world, friend! Hope you enjoy it over here. Let us know if you have any questions. Big Grin