www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help to reflash working ROM to my Jiayu G4S?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I guess this is the usual story... I am new to ROM flashing but decided to give it a go. Something went wrong and now im stuck in bootloop. Anyway here is what i did:
I Found an interesting ROM on Needrom.com called [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

before the flash attempt i installed Mobileuncle and used it to install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I took a system backup, using my new recovery mode. Also installed Jiayu.es from playstore and used it's IMEI backup function.

Copied rom .zip file to SD card, then went ahead with installing ROM in recovery mode:
-Wiped Data
-Wiped Cache
-Wiped Dalvik Cache
-did Format System (folder?)
-Started Installation of ROM using install .zip function
-AROMA Installer asked me for phone model, i did answer G4S
installation went ahead, and soon phone rebooted.
however it got stuck in bootloop, just Jiayu logo shows briefly and the phone boots again.

Is there a way to recover from this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi, turponieminen.
Are you able to boot into recovery? Have you tried restoring the backup you made? Or installing stock ROM via recovery again? (If your stock ROM comes that way)

If that does not work, try obtaining a copy of your stock ROM that is flashable with sp flash tool.
Follow this tutorial for that method [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Thanks for the reply Athos.
I am not able to boot into recovery. Only button that seems to have some kind of effect is vol down button. When i hold that pressed phone shuts down, or at least screen goes black and bootloop stops. And does not start until i disconnect/reconnect battery.
I did install USB ADB VCOM drivers for my phone. When i connect my phone to PC (battery removed), it is recognized but still there seems to be some kind of bootloop? Screen remains black but Phone keeps on connecting/reconnecting. In Device Manager i see vcom port appearing for a second or two then it disconnects and loop starts over. Can i still try to flash it with sp flash tool?
Have you tried booting into recovery via MTK Droid Tools?
If you really can't get into recovery, then yup, you will have to use SP flash tool.
Get hold of a copy of your stock ROM that is installed via flash tool.
For the connect/disconnect occurrence, that is usually a driver issue. Please see post #2 here. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&mode=linear#pid30938