www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: My Star S5 doesn't boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you please help me? Sad

My Star S5 arrived to me today but it never boot. At first I thought it was a battery completely drain problem, so I connected the charger for 2 hours but nothing happened, no light, nothing.

I'm starting to think that they send it already bricked. When I connect it to the computer it makes the sound of connected device but in a few seconds I hear the sound of disconnected device and then again the connected device sound and over and over again.

I've tried the guide to install the preload driver and the s5 driver but even if I follow the guide in each step the drivers will not install properly.

What can I do? Sad
It was the same with me when I got it, tried both batteries but nothing happened.

When removing the battery I noticed that the pins in the phone made a sound.
So I removed the battery a couple of times to try and bend the pins outward a little bit.
Then I also rubbed over them with my index finger to make sure they where clean.

Then I put the battery back in and when it was in it's place I pushed it up a little, there is about a milimeter of space for moving the battery up and down in my S5.
After that it booted, takes about 3 to 5 seconds before you see a android picture.

For your info: there is no LED at all on the S5, when charging it you must look at your screen.
(2013-05-26, 00:19)Stefanic Wrote: [ -> ]It was the same with me when I got it, tried both batteries but nothing happened.

When removing the battery I noticed that the pins in the phone made a sound.
So I removed the battery a couple of times to try and bend the pins outward a little bit.
Then I also rubbed over them with my index finger to make sure they where clean.

Then I put the battery back in and when it was in it's place I pushed it up a little, there is about a milimeter of space for moving the battery up and down in my S5.
After that it booted, takes about 3 to 5 seconds before you see a android picture.

For your info: there is no LED at all on the S5, when charging it you must look at your screen.

I solve it like you said about an hour ago Big Grin but tank you very much Smiling

one quick question: have you put something (like paper or something like that) to push the battery on the pins?
(2013-05-26, 00:35)Enzuccio559 Wrote: [ -> ]I solve it like you said about an hour ago Big Grin but tank you very much Smiling

one quick question: have you put something (like paper or something like that) to push the battery on the pins?

Did nothing besides pulling out the battery a couple of times.
Never had a problem since..

If it happens again I'll probably try to bend the pins outwards with some pliers or something.