www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Cubot GT72 data/charging lead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Cubot GT72 dual-SIM phone that works fine. However, I need to replace the data/charging lead, and I haven't been able to source one.

All leads that claim to be suitable seem to have a short plug that doesn't reach the socket that's located quite deep inside the phone body.

The lead supplied with the phone has a plug that's probably twice as long as the ones on 'universal' leads.

Does anybody know where I can obtain a suitable lead? I'm based in the UK.

Thanks.

I've attached a photo showing the different sizes of plug (at least I hope I have - it's not obvious whether it works or not). The one on the right came with the camera; the one on the left claims to be compatible, but isn't.

[attachment=1731]
see if this is what you need?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

8 mm
(2014-09-06, 08:02)aus9 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

8 mm

Thanks for this - it looks like it will do the job.

Cheapest shipping to the UK is $43.50, though, so I've found a New Zealand supplier who stocks the same item, but charges $5.99 for shipping.

Thanks again for your help.
(2014-09-06, 08:56)Bopper Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

8 mm

Thanks for this - it looks like it will do the job.

Cheapest shipping to the UK is $43.50, though, so I've found a New Zealand supplier who stocks the same item, but charges $5.99 for shipping.

Thanks again for your help.
Later:

The NZ company accepted my order, took my money, then decided they couldn't deliver outside of NZ. Awaiting refund.
Australian companies also stock the item, but they have the same policy - no overseas deliveries.
Back to square one!
If you want to, tell me how you want it posted to you. I won't be out of pocket for this so you have to prepay me, and trust me to
buy the product from Australian seller as I live in Australia, get it, sent it to you.

All will have to be prepaid and method of delivery mutually agreed to in advance etc

I will do the leg work to get you a quote for delivery from Australia, you can then compare it to original shop and or assess the delays.

I live West Australia so its likely to take one week to post from East coast, trust me.....it takes that long unless you pay for a courier service or express post.

express post rough quote
Quote:Express Post Medium Satchel

31cm x 40.5cm, up to 3kg

Recommended satchel size is a guide only. View our full satchel range
Postage $14.80
Total# $14.80

No signature cost required because they will deliver to my parcel locker at Post office.

if time is not important obviously cheaper but not as much as you would hope. I don't know aussie site so they may offer cheaper rates
################################

international post

about $25 for registered....about $11 for surface
Yuk surface means going on ships up to Singapore then onto EU that can take up to 8 weeks or longer

#####################

EDIT
if you give me link to aussie site that would be a start, even though you were not geoblocked, I can least get a fixed price for buy and delivery to my place. my problem is.....you may want to go cheapest and that means i can not get proof of delivery

let me know your thoughts

cheers
(2014-09-10, 07:43)aus9 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Quote:Express Post Medium Satchel

31cm x 40.5cm, up to 3kg

Recommended satchel size is a guide only. View our full satchel range
Postage $14.80
Total# $14.80

No signature cost required because they will deliver to my parcel locker at Post office.

if time is not important obviously cheaper but not as much as you would hope. I don't know aussie site so they may offer cheaper rates
################################

international post

about $25 for registered....about $11 for surface
Yuk surface means going on ships up to Singapore then onto EU that can take up to 8 weeks or longer

#####################

EDIT
if you give me link to aussie site that would be a start, even though you were not geoblocked, I can least get a fixed price for buy and delivery to my place. my problem is.....you may want to go cheapest and that means i can not get proof of delivery

let me know your thoughts

cheers

That's a really kind offer. Thanks.

I've been pursuing other possibilities over here - there's a guy running a local phone shop who thinks he can make up an appropriate lead for me, so I'd like to see what he can come up with before putting you to all that trouble.

I thought I'd found a couple of Australian sites, but one of them turned out to be in NZ. There's just one I found in NSW selling through eBay:

He seems to have a lot of stock, but I'm a bit suspicious - Amazon UK advertise leads suitable for the G72, but the two I've ordered so far were not as described, and it would be really depressing to have you go to all that trouble for a similar result!

I'll see what my local guy can turn up, and, if he can't oblige, can I get back to you then?

Thanks again
yeah you can get back to me

I looked at his ebay neg to pos ratio and the big picture is, he has over 3K pos in one month....so he is a busy boy....which might explain some of the negs

OK found a Perth store that sells it online for $12 in store....meaning no postal delay
^^^^^ online price $6 PLUS $10 delivery as per terms and conditions
(2014-09-10, 14:34)aus9 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
^^^^^ online price $6 PLUS $10 delivery as per terms and conditions

Thanks for all your efforts. Max at the phone shop finally came up with two leads that work fine, for which he charged me £1, so I won't need to put you to any more trouble.

Thanks again, and enjoy the summer!
great

can you do a full edit of your first post and pulldown
and change question to solved please.
(2014-10-16, 20:07)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]great

can you do a full edit of your first post and pulldown
and change question to solved please.

Happy to do that, but I'm not sure how to go about it. There's no edit button on that post that I can see.
Am I missing something obvious?
Pages: 1 2