www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New Here - THL T11 or iNew V8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, the coupon code bringing it to below $200 helped make my decision much easier. I was even surprised that when checking out, they had discounts for the expedited shipping as well. Even though the conversion rates from USD to CAD are pretty high, it's still a fantastic deal!

Thanks, I'll definitely be playing with the camera a lot. Currently using a Moto G, so I'm looking forward to the 13MP camera on the iNew V8 Big Grin
The Moto G is also a very capable phone. They just released a second version with a bigger screen and updated camera.

...that said, I think you're going to be ridiculously crazy happier with your iNew V8. Smiling
I have had the iNew V8 for a couple of months. Very happy. Haven't struck any bugs, and I use it extensively. I'm running the stock 4.4 that it comes with and Nova launcher. The camera is great and turns in good results. My "real" camera is an Olympus E-PL5 so the phone has tough competition on that front.
Yes, I still love the Moto G, and the new version looks even better for the same price. That being said, I'm disappointed that they kept the same 1GB of RAM. Currently experiencing a lot of apps resetting in memory which annoys me, so I'm going for the 2GB RAM now.

Thanks for your input. I'm glad that your iNew V8 is holding up well. When I receive mine, I'm probably gonna stay with it stock as well for a while, and hope they release an update that fixes the network toast message problem.
Stay away from THL i got w200s the battery died in 4 months, no update to kitkat. This is from once proud owner of thl and now very disappointed.
Nixing an entire brand because your battery went bad? :/

KitKat is a non-issue.
Not just mine battery, a lot of people are reporting problems with the battery (w200s). KitKat is an issue since they have been telling us for 5 months that are testing this firmware and now they don't even sell it anymore for after 8 months???
Let me tell you a little story. I used to own an expensive Sony receiver. After a few months, it started putting out noticeable and annoying distortion at low volumes.... A few months ago, I bought a $400 Canon camera and the internal speaker crapped out after a month.

The moral of the story... Electronics go bad. To swear off an entire brand because you had a battery issue? :/ Sorry man, you are not thinking straight. Buy a new battery for $10 and stop crying.
(2014-09-11, 14:51)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]Let me tell you a little story. I used to own an expensive Sony receiver. After a few months, it started putting out noticeable and annoying distortion at low volumes.... A few months ago, I bought a Canon camera and the internal speaker crapped out after a month.

The moral of the story... Electronics go bad. To swear off an entire brand because you had a battery issue? :/ Sorry man, you are not thinking straight. Buy a new battery for $10 and stop crying.
Ok you are right battery is not a problem and its 8 dollars at most what bothers me is their attitude towards us the buyers. I wouldn't mind if there is no update to KK for this device i really don't but i'm really pissed because they are lying.
Well pretty much everyone lies, covers and/or distorts the truth in some manner. I mean everyone. It's too bad they didn't put out KitKat if they promised to do so, but problems like these plague every business.

A bad situation with customer service, a bad battery, a faulty motherboard, a promised fix or upgrade that didn't happen. It happens all the time, even with the major brands. Samsung 4 had a battery swelling issue too to mention just one.

Look up the battery issues with Canon SX280. There is a 200 page thread on the Canon forum about this problem and it never was resolved. Never an apology or recall. And that's arguably the top camera producer in the world, let alone a little China company...

And I need to apologize for being somewhat rude in my last post (crying). Sorry about that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4