www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Avoiding counterfeits - Finding good phones & distributors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good News: China has some of the finest manufacturers of technology; (these days they even produce some of the world’s highest-end medicine & medical equipment).

Bad News: China has many of the world’s finest counterfeiters! Recently here in NYC, they managed to sell a counterfeit vase of antiquity to the Museum of Art, (despite having the most qualified investigators examine it beforehand). Lucky for the NY Museum of Art, after the purchase, the counterfeiter stepped forward and revealed his methods.

In short, China produces counterfeit everything at rates that rival the rate at which the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank creates money out of thin air, (by the trillions).

EASY METHOD OF DETECTING COUNTERFEIT & SUBSTANDARD PHONES:

First and foremost: Consider the Branding! It has to be a brand name! Non-brand name companies have Zero interest in QA (quality assurance), and 100% interest in maximizing profit by exploiting shortcuts. They are here today and gone tomorrow – Simply to open up again under another off-label name once the public is “on to them”.

Brand Name Chinese Phones:

Amoi – Cool Pad - Cubot – Doogee [Low & Mid range phones] - Faea – Gionee – Hero – HiSense – Huawai – Inew – Iocean – Jiake – Jiayu – K-Touch – Kai – KingZone (?) – Lenovo – Mlais – Mogu – Neo – Newman – O2 – OnePlus – Oppo – Star [manufacturer reportedly installed dangerous spyware] – ThL – Umi – Voto – Xiaomi – Zopo – Zte

Distributors to consider:

merimobiles.com [I have no personal experience with this group; however, they take the time & effort to provide firmware updates on several phones.]

Recommend you avoid like the plague:

ahappymango.com [I have personal experience with these profound fraudsters. I sent via Paypal money to purchase a larger supply of Android phones. 30 days later still no phones; Sent them 3 queries but no answer; finally, I have requested fund retraction through paypal – Which means I don’t see my money for about 90 days.]

Power to the People!
I gave rep for the post but hate to point out that the phone comparison is misleading

Alleged fake is Lenovo S960T
Alleged real is Lenovo S960

As it happens, maybe because of geo blocking, official Lenovo site does not show any images or model range S960T

google suggests that this model T is sold into Europe?