www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: No.1 P7 review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As far as a review, I think the back camera is okay. The front camera is not very good though (bad in low light, and resolution and clarity are not good for the reported megapixel configuration).

My biggest complaint is the missing WCMDA 850 frequency. Why in the world would they not enable that??? I only get edge data speeds with AT&T so it's very slow on the internet (Speedtest shows .10 mbps down). I didn't realize this when I purchased the phablet otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Other complaint is the Play store doesn't really know the device so basically only a handful of apps can be installed. This can be fixed via rooting.

Screen is nice and sharp, buttons have a decent quality to it, and the shell build quality are good. This phablet does in fact appear to have 2GB of ram. Antutu scores showed 13903 for me. If I could somehow get the 850Mhz radio enabled assuming it's there but not enabled, and the device ID fixed, we have a winner. Otherwise, I'm looking at the Goopad mini plus 3g as my alternative to the No.1 P7.
(2013-05-26, 02:35)eddiey Wrote: [ -> ]As far as a review, I think the back camera is okay. The front camera is not very good though (bad in low light, and resolution and clarity are not good for the reported megapixel configuration).

My biggest complaint is the missing WCMDA 850 frequency. Why in the world would they not enable that??? I only get edge data speeds with AT&T so it's very slow on the internet (Speedtest shows .10 mbps down). I didn't realize this when I purchased the phablet otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Other complaint is the Play store doesn't really know the device so basically only a handful of apps can be installed. This can be fixed via rooting.

Screen is nice and sharp, buttons have a decent quality to it, and the shell build quality are good. This phablet does in fact appear to have 2GB of ram. Antutu scores showed 13903 for me. If I could somehow get the 850Mhz radio enabled assuming it's there but not enabled, and the device ID fixed, we have a winner. Otherwise, I'm looking at the Goopad mini plus 3g as my alternative to the No.1 P7.
That is one of the downfalls of being a China phone fan if you don't have a 2100 carrier. Unfortunately most of the big China names (JiaYu etc...) also don't support 850 or 1900 WCDMA.

Thanks much for this review.
A couple of pictures taken with no.1 P7 back camera.

[attachment=216][attachment=215]
The battery is the worse part of this phablet, I will never buy a china phone that does not have a removable battery. I bought the phone less than a month, the battery died, and the charger cable does not work. what a waste of money..
The P7 turned out a bit crap for most who bought it.

Don't just buy one with a removable battery, buy one that's well known and popular, for support and parts if needed.