www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Wifi and mobile network locations not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found the solution to the network locations not working, as explained here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&pid=2467#pid2467

When testing with my friend ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]) we noticed that the NetworkLocation.apk was missing on the Star S5.

I installed his version of the app in /system/app and after reboot it worked!
With [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] this is very easy.

Just open ES File Explorer, tap menu and under tools choose Root Explorer.
In the popup choose 'Mount R/W' and choose RW for /system.
Then you can copy the app from sdcard or whereever you put it into /system/app.
Lastly do a reboot and on my phone it said something like 'updating system apps' when starting. After unlocking the screen I had to agree on the Google terms of service for network locations.

I have attached the apk so others with the same problem can fix it.

Just ask if you have any problems or questions.
i did everything that you said but it didn't work...i copied networklocation.apk in system/app but when i tryed to install it the installation failled!
i rebooted the phone anyway...but nothing happened Sad
(2013-11-10, 06:14)marindiaye Wrote: [ -> ]i did everything that you said but it didn't work...i copied networklocation.apk in system/app but when i tryed to install it the installation failled!
i rebooted the phone anyway...but nothing happened Sad

Same for me ;(
Worked for me .. now I can use WiFi only mode and get a good location fix (GPS is still really bad)