www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [iNew V8] SIM data toast notification fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have bought 2 iNew V8. One has the pop up message for the network (as it has been mentioned before) but the other one it DOESN'T.

One is bought from GearBest and the other from merrymobiles.
Same software and settings for both but only one is having this issue.
(2014-09-12, 00:19)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]I have bought 2 iNew V8. One has the pop up message for the network (as it has been mentioned before) but the other one it DOESN'T.

One is bought from GearBest and the other from merrymobiles.
Same software and settings for both but only one is having this issue.

Interesting. I just received one of the new ones, but haven't tested SIM data out yet.

Are you using the same carrier and SIM slot on both phones?
Yes. Same sims, same carrier and same slots at both.
It is very strange!
The one with the pop up window is from GearBest and the other from merrymobiles, if it is matter.
This popup was quite annoyed and I found myself switching off the data connection because of this!
Now I kept the second one and I am happy without the pop up message Smiling
It's very unlikely it has anything to do with which shop they came from. It's likely something to do with the batch from iNew. They have always been sent in small batches, especially in the beginning. I had one of the first ones released.

This is still very odd since they have the same ROM version. It's possible they recompiled and left the same version info there. It wouldn't be surprising and seems the most likely scenario. Is the one from Merimobiles newer than the one from Gearbest?

Actually fixing this problem is not difficult, but likely would need to decompile to edit .xml.

I know if it were me, I'd be doing some experimenting. Perhaps try to read back the ROM without the issue and flash onto the other phone would be easiest.
The older is from gearbest and it has the popup windows issue and the newer is from merrymobiles and without this issue.
I do not have the first phone so I cannot test it.
But I could check if it is possible the xml as you said but i do not know what to do.
If you can guide me what to check amd where, maybe we could short it out.
Just tested the new one received from Gearbest. The notification doesn't come up at all.

Most likely this bug was only in the first batch and they fixed it.

I may still have access to the first V8 and will see about flashing this firmware over to that phone to see if the problem remains.
Maybe I misunderstood you when you said they were both on the same ROM. The baseband and the ROM have been updated since the original came out.

Regardless, excellent to see iNew fixing this bug right off the bat.

First batch from iNew
[attachment=1779]

On newest V8 (this ROM available at needrom as well)
[attachment=1780]
I checked only the build number not the date next and not the baseband version.
The build number at both is 1.21 so I didn't checked further. (I have both at my hands at the same time, only for a couple of hours)
Probably it will have very few minor updates- improves or just this fix Smiling

Thanks for the clarification!
(2014-09-13, 15:22)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]I checked only the build number not the date next and not the baseband version.
The build number at both is 1.21 so I didn't checked further. (I have both at my hands at the same time, only for a couple of hours)
Probably it will have very few minor updates- improves or just this fix Smiling

Thanks for the clarification!

[attachment=1978]

It looks like my rom is different than yours!
Is dated somewhere in between yours'!

It hasn't this pop up message and it has unified internal storage.
So there are more versions!