www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: The only battery savers you'll ever need
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having used Greenify on all my phones for the past eight months I have been searching for a light and reliable app to control my data connections. I finally found one called LeanDroid that's excellent. Very light, simple and extremely effective. The combo puts my phone into very deep sleep with LeanDroid set to toggle wifi and mobile data on and off every 10 minutes. My battery use with the screen off is negligible now. Give it a try and see if you agree.

I have no affiliation with the developer, I'm just a very satisfied user.
Thanks for the heads-up @Twotems ! I'll have to check it out! Does turning on/off mobile data affect you receiving text messages? I'm really excited to scope it, man!

Not to derail, but sharing my experience. I've been using Trigger to manage most of my connections lately and have been crazy happy with it. It works well for me because my life is depressingly monotonous and predictable.

My presumptions about my boring self:
1. 90%+ of the time, I'm either at a place with WiFi or in my car, driving to a place with WiFi.
2. While I'm in my car, I do not need WiFi.
3. When I am in WiFi, I do not need GPS or Bluetooth.
4. When I am traveling for extended periods of time, none of these rules apply. Trigger gets disabled.

Therefore my rules are pretty much as follows:
- When connected to WiFi, disable BT and GPS
- When connected to BT, disable WiFi
- When not connected to WiFi or BT, enable WiFi and BT
(2014-09-19, 09:18)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the heads-up @Twotems ! I'll have to check it out! Does turning on/off mobile data affect you receiving text messages? I'm really excited to scope it, man!

Not to derail, but sharing my experience. I've been using Trigger to manage most of my connections lately and have been crazy happy with it. It works well for me because my life is depressingly monotonous and predictable.

My presumptions about my boring self:
1. 90%+ of the time, I'm either at a place with WiFi or in my car, driving to a place with WiFi.
2. While I'm in my car, I do not need WiFi.
3. When I am in WiFi, I do not need GPS or Bluetooth.
4. When I am traveling for extended periods of time, none of these rules apply. Trigger gets disabled.

Therefore my rules are pretty much as follows:
- When connected to WiFi, disable BT and GPS
- When connected to BT, disable WiFi
- When not connected to WiFi or BT, enable WiFi and BT

Text messages aren't affected. The phone functions as normal re basic stuff. You can also set it to toggle Bluetooth but I don't bother since I only switch on Bluetooth as needed anyway. The donate version allows you to control gps too but requires root.

It's a basic, light and very effective app that's free and ad free too. The other battery savers I was using before couldn't get my consumption during sleep below 3-4% per hour on my K910. This one combined with Greenify gives me 1% per hour. I've only had it for three days but the difference is amazing.
forum allows us to direct link to playstore app

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en

Quote:It can disable WiFi, Cellular Data (2G, 3G, LTE), Bluetooth, and GPS* after a certain time with the screen off to conserve battery power and lower data usage.

Please read the "Options explained:"

Not you guys above, who are advanced users but
anyone coming to this link who are new to setup or config options

cheers
Downloaded! Thank you, sir!
(2014-09-19, 13:54)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Downloaded! Thank you, sir!

Let us know how it works on your phone/tablet.
8 hours of me sleeping. Phone lost 1% battery during that time. It might be a fluke, but I'm giving all credit to you, @Twotems

Great points as always, @Aus9 Reading those extra options was surprisingly helpful. The video explained the basics, but those went into the details.
(2014-09-19, 23:43)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]8 hours of me sleeping. Phone lost 1% battery during that time. It might be a fluke, but I'm giving all credit to you, @Twotems

Great points as always, @aus9 Reading those extra options was surprisingly helpful. The video explained the basics, but those went into the details.

Excellent news.
Has anyone else tried it? How's it working for you?
Just grabbed it now for my Doogee DG550 - will report back on how it goes. I usually lose between 7-8% on standby through the night. Will report back tomorrow on what I lost.
Pages: 1 2