www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Phone doesn't recognise SIM or SDcard - hardware or software fault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Ainol AX7 Flame which has been rooted and repartitioned.

It worked file for a while, but I noticed that intermittently it would fail to recognize the SIM - but a reboot would fix this.

Since then, its stopped recognizing either SIM at all, or the external SD card. This happened around the same time as it was lightly dropped (from about 50cm onto a couch).

I'm trying to confirm whether this is a hardware fault or software fault.

Any suggestions?
Factory reset would possibly be something to try. ... But sounds like a hardware issue... Especially if it corresponds with the timing of the drop. Well if you factory reset and still not working then you know it's hardware.
(2014-09-21, 12:49)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]Factory reset would possibly be something to try. ... But sounds like a hardware issue... Especially if it corresponds with the timing of the drop. Well if you factory reset and still not working then you know it's hardware.

Do you know if a factory reset fixes nvram corruption? Thats what i suspect it could be
No. Factory reset will not fix that. Im fairly sure nvram has nothing to do with SD. Though its possible they are 2 separate issues. What does it show in imei information?
(2014-09-21, 17:00)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]No. Factory reset will not fix that. Im fairly sure nvram has nothing to do with SD. Though its possible they are 2 separate issues. What does it show in imei information?

Well my first step to doing a factory reset was to flash the factory ROM, using a "format all + flash" in flashtool. Then i started getting a invalid IMEI message as well.

I then reflashed with a backup image I got from MTK tools shortly after I bought the phone. I seem to have valid IMEI numbers now, but still no SIM or SD Card.

I am leaning towards hardware fault now as well. But I would like to rule out software issues from my tinkering before I pay $30 to send it back to the supplier!

Is there anything else you suggest test-wise?
Have you checked if imei are there in 'about phone' >> 'imei status >> imei related info.

Only other thing to do is factory reset. If its software related, that should fix it.

I think a big clue is that you dropped it, then it stopped working.