www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Blu Dash 5.0, unable to restore backup using SP Flash. Drivers issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Aus9 is right with respect to the discharged battery, however, flashtools can also work without the battery. Try to change the option in flashtools to no-battery and see if you can get the drivers to load. It has worked for me before, but not on all phones, some just refuse to cooperate.
Yesterday I've charged the battery on my aunt phone (same phone) . Still the same. I will format my Windows XP hard disk. This way we can do a fresh start. Those driver are generic or device specific? Anyone can point me a good MT6572 driver to be manually installed on Win XP?
Just search here for the flashtool mtk / adb drivers, the ones from pdanet are also very good. There's no recipe for the correct ones, it usually is trial & error to find the right ones.
Although you can use windows 7 or 8, xp is usually easier (more relaxed on admin) for this kind of work.
With full battery you can leave the option in flashtool on automatic. If it doesn't work keep using the battery first and change the option to no-battery, this sometimes is another trick that may work. If still no dice, try without the battery, again this is trial and error.

Good luck.
The problem with PDAnet in my case is that it will try to install adb at some point and if not suceed it will cancel the installation proccess and uninstall drivers. Since I can't activate and give access to USB debbuging because of course the phone isn't running, I can't use them.
(2014-09-28, 23:39)dolence Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with PDAnet in my case is that it will try to install adb at some point and if not suceed it will cancel the installation proccess and uninstall drivers. Since I can't activate and give access to USB debbuging because of course the phone isn't running, I can't use them.

One of the tricks to get those drivers installed is just before your installation gets cancelled (usually there's a message box appearing to inform you about that, with an ok or cancel button, which in this case you do NOT click), you have to search in your temporary window files (look in documents and settings, admin, etc etc) where the extracted files are. They are there because the pdanet exe has them unpacked before installation, but if you click the dialog they will be erase by pdanet to cancel the installation. Look for a temporary folder with the last date and time, which is probably the one. Copy those files (.drv .ini .inf etc) to a normal folder.
When you connect your phone via usb, the windows pnp will ask for the driver, chose to search for them and enter the folder where they are, it will pickup the .inf file and if these drivers are correct install them.

Another way would be to borrow your aunt's phone and install them the normal way (without doing strange things to your aunt's phone of course). That would also be a great way to check if adb works (adb devices command) and to be sure you have your setup correct for your own phone.
At the same time you could also make a scatter file and a blockmap image (a screenshot of the blockmap) in droidtools (no need for your aunts phone to be rooted for this) to have another backup "stock" info for your own phone, always helps to several options.
This is providing your aunt's phone is exactly the same.

If nothing works, try the attached usb vcom drivers here:
[attachment=1889]
I got the drivers working and using SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1344.0.212 it get recognized and write files to phone. Couldn't flash preloader. Phone still not charging/working. Tomorrow I will make a screencast. Is it possible that scatter file generated by droid tools isn't 100% correct? I still have my aunt phone, in case we need to do a new dump.
It is always a good idea to compare the generated scatter files if indeed both phones are the same (rom wise speaking). In case your scatter file got ciber-borked you have the option to use the other one and try to flash the preloader. Don't give up on the first try, the preloader is always a bit picky to flash, try it several times, with battery, without it, changing the options, rebooting your pc sometimes also helps. USB ports are a bit feebly at times, even the usb power output can get a glitch making it unusable so you would need to reboot the pc. I sometimes need to switch from my usb 2.0 to the usb 3.0 port to have flashtools react, it's weird and there's really no good explanation but that's how it is.
@"mirandam"

Quote:I sometimes need to switch from my usb 2.0 to the usb 3.0 port to have flashtools react, it's weird and there's really no good explanation but that's how it is.

Can you add that to the thread on flashtool trouble shooting pls?
Maybe pm Gizbeat to add to the top post and a number of users don't read every post.....not that I am guilty of that....giggles

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Thanks for the suggestion, it has been done already.
Hi guys! I finally have some good news Smiling
Thanks to your help I've success bringing this phone back to life. I musyt say, without all the support from this community it never would be possible.

What worked for me:
- started from a fresh windows xp installation;
- installed PDAnet drivers using another identical phone;
- updated drivers using A25_USB_VCOM_Drivers.rar (thanks mirandam);
- important: had to disable legacy usb and serial ports (maybe disnecessary) from bios to make it work;
- important: SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 was the only version that recognize my phone, even after bios tweaking.

Problem is solved. Wife is happy. Everything back to normal! Many thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4