www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] Enable r/w
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-07, 17:24)ChrisX Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my gps.conf ...

extract and copy to /system/etc and edit your location. my location is DE and i have fix after 10 seconds with 14 feet accuracy Smiling
I could not in any way enable r/w in system. My phone is with the root KINGO, but I can not enable r/w to system folders. Does anyone know of a hint?
Whatever you are doing, remember (I am sure you already know this) to be VERY VERY careful and make your perfect backup as messing with this folder has caused disaster to many a fine person!

Download and install ES File Explorer. Run it. Make sure during this process to grant SU access to the program whenever it asks for it.

Once done, go to "Tools" under "Fast Access" via the far left physical/soft menu button on your phone.

Turn "ON" the "Root Explorer" and (if you need it) "Show hidden files".

Go to the folder you need to modify with the file explorer.

Press and HOLD until you can select the entire folder with a check-mark within a check-box.

Click "More"

Click "Properties"

Click "Change" to modify Permissions or Owner or Group to whatever you may need.

DONE.
Quote:My phone is with the root KINGO, but I can not enable r/w

then click on my signature true root test and assuming you are windows
do the
su and id tests please

if unsure photo the results if your differs......hint I suspect you have a false root
or have su installed but have a ro /system

2) if the last one is your condition then follow the instructions in Android section
number 3 and report your results pls