www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6582 1Gb/16Gb Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People please help me modify the EBR1 2 file so i can have more internal memory.

I have already tried everything, some apk which didnt work, also i followed the tutorials but couldn't get it work...

I have attached both files, If its possible i would like to have maybe 50/50, that is 8gb for internal memory,

thank you
8gb internal is too big for android to handle , try 4.5gb internal only
(2014-09-27, 17:24)batsilos Wrote: [ -> ]8gb internal is too big for android to handle , try 4.5gb internal only

i see, ok but could anyone plz do the fix for me, i starting to feel a bit stupid Smiling

thx
(2014-09-27, 17:24)batsilos Wrote: [ -> ]8gb internal is too big for android to handle , try 4.5gb internal only

Sorry but not true, I have an android with 13GB internal data space. By no means Android is limited in this respect.
If you're using EBRtweak to handle the resizing then it depends on the version you use. Safest way is to leave internal data space at 4GB, but you can find all about that in the corresponding thread here on CPA, just search for it.
thx for reply my friend...

i have a quick question, after changing the EBR files and uploading them to phone, does phone should reboot quickly or it will take some time to start?

why do i ask this, be cause no matter which file i upload to phone (except original EBR) phone goes to boot loop or i think since i dont have nervs to wait for it Smiling...

cheers
It does take more time than usual as the phone needs to reformat the "leftover" sd space. Very important is to clear data and cache from the recovery menu before rebooting normally.
Do not use quickboot as it only reboots the user interface, not the kernel which needs to load the new partitions for the phone to work correctly. Best way is to shut-down the phone, remove the battery for some seconds, replace it and boot into recovery. Clear the data and cache, and reboot. That should work. If your phone goes into a bootloop it most likely is because the EBR structure doesn't comply with the normal structure (as with some phones). Only way to solve that is to do the resizing manually, more complicated but not impossible.
i see thanks, ill try do it manualy

cheers
Man i dont know im stupid or something is wrong, i did it manually and still getting boot loop, here is a screen shot of my phone.
It say i have 14.9gb Total space and only 725mb of free.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

any help would be great, anyone?

thx

hi everyone, just want you to know that i was able to fix my probl, so far i could only push up the internal mem up to 2.5gb, its better than nothing Smiling

thx for attention and reply's

cheers