www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Doogee DG580 Missing Apps button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the DG550 and the Dg580, which I just received.

On the 380 , the "APPS" button is missing from the system tray quick launch icons. Instead, ALL the apps are on separate pages. What a mess.

This is very odd and seems to be an issue with their firmware.

Has anyone heard of this or know a fix, except perhaps trying an OTA update (which I don't think will resolve it).

A screen shot is attached. Note the Apps button is missing. [Image: other_927185010_00.jpg]
Is this the default launcher? It looks a bit like a custom one.
Try to see if there is a way to change your apps dock grid size from settings.
Or try moving the apps dock shortcuts onto the homescreen. See if the App Drawer pops out.
If that is the default, try installing a custom launcher from Play Store.
Yes, Athos is correct. I think you mean apps drawer. Switch launcher to Apex or download MIUI launcher. Its just that the shortcut is missing. No big deal.
(2014-10-01, 15:53)Athos Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
We just received the phone today. Testing it now, but so far seems excellent for $115 phone.

That's not the launcher, its the app drawer icon that's missing. The launcher is the entire package (homescreen/app drawer)

The solution is in the 2nd and 3rd post. Simply install Apex. Problem solved and you'll have a better launcher to boot.
(2014-10-01, 23:15)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]We just received the phone today. Testing it now, but so far seems excellent for $115 phone.

That's not the launcher, its the app drawer icon that's missing. The launcher is the entire package (homescreen/app drawer)

The solution is in the 2nd and 3rd post. Simply install Apex. Problem solved and you'll have a better launcher to boot.

Thank you very much. I used the terminology on Doogee's help screen.

My comment or recommendation specifically related to this issue as an out-of-the-box experience. For the price, it's a good value. One other comment, though: the back cover opening is at the bottom of the phone and in my case it is ridiculously difficult to remove.
(2014-10-01, 23:33)RJ7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-01, 23:15)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]We just received the phone today. Testing it now, but so far seems excellent for $115 phone.

Thank you very much. I used the terminology on Doogee's help screen.

My comment or recommendation specifically related to this issue as an out-of-the-box experience. For the price, it's a good value. One other comment, though: the back cover opening is at the bottom of the phone and in my case it is ridiculously difficult to remove.
I understand you, it could be confusing if someone didn't know a way around it. Probably not Doogee's smartest move.

But the fix is very simple and you will likely enjoy Apex much more than the regular Android launcher.

One benefit is being able to resize icons and set rows/columns. I set mine so all apps fit on 1 or 2 screens in app drawer, thus no need to flip through 7 pages to get to the desired app. Can do it on home screen as well. This is 8x8 at 70%.

[attachment=1903]

I found the back to be very easy to remove. Probably one of the easiest I've tested. Once you pop that first tab it comes right off.

I haven't had an opportunity to fully test everything yet. The camera may be a bit weak, but other than that seems very solid.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a work-around, After setting up the phone and using it, it's quite nice for the price.