www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Doogee DG580 not charging.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I got this phone and right out of the box it doesn't want to charge. It starts charging for 1 second and then stops. I tried different cables and charger and that didn't solve it. I also tried charging the battery outside of the phone and the battery works fine. Here is a short video demonstrating the problem .
I never tried charging it before I got a wireless update and I was wondering if it could have something to do with that.

Could this be fixed in some way or should I just send the phone back and hope for a replacement ?
I wouldn't just send it back without talking to the shop first. If you've tried different chargers, different outlets and different cables and its still not charging, its DOA.

Contact seller and take appropriate steps towards refund/replacement/dispute
Definitely contact the seller. I'm sorry to hear about the problem. That's a bummer, man.
(2014-10-02, 01:53)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely contact the seller. I'm sorry to hear about the problem. That's a bummer, man.

Yeah, the phone is looks great and everything else works well but this makes it pretty much unusable. The thing is I have never returned something to china before and I'm afraid that it may get lost or damaged on its way there. Does any of you guys have experience with returning things to china for warranty ?
hi

sorry to be critical of the video

it does not show that you are attempting charge at wall power outlet,
so an opportunity exists that if you used a PC USB port....it might be faulty.

b) generally wall power is better than PC power...YMMV

2)
Quote:I also tried charging the battery outside of the phone and the battery works fine
Is that how you got to such a high %?

3) Australians can not send back lithium ion batteries by air mail.
so depending on country you may wish to double check this law.

good luck
It's not that they can't. It's that you must use a proper service to do so. DHL, FedEx etc... Will have procedures in place to send back batteries. Unfortunately it can be rather pricy.

This is another silly law designed to make more committees and regulations to make more jobs and charge higher costs...or some power-that-be was bored.

The actual danger of a battery spontaneously combusting is zero.
Quote:It's not that they can't
sorry its got nothing to do with semantics......its Law

Quote:Lithium batteries are often in devices like watches, clocks, mobile phones and MP3 players. All lithium batteries are now classified as dangerous goods. They can't be carried by air.

Australia Post can't accept lithium batteries or devices containing them for mailing overseas or for domestic air carriage. These can only be transported within Australia by road transport.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I thought I was quite clear. Nothing to do with semantics. The key words in your previous post: "Australia Post". That has nothing to do with DHL FedEx which can and do ship lithium batteries in and out of Australia. Here's a guide for you if you need help with it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]