www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Storage Question: Doogee DG550 & DH580
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have both models - 550 & 580.

The DG550 is rated as 1GB/16GB. When I look at my phone storage screen it shows the 'Internal storage' available space as 1.31GB, which I assume is the RAM. The 'Phone storage' available space is 12.17GB, which I assume is the ROM after deducting space used by the OS.

Now, on the DG580, rated as 1GB/8GB, my storage screen shows the 'Internal storage' available space as 1.81GB, which I assume is RAM. The 'Phone storage' available space is 4.14 GB, which I assume is ROM.

Can someone explain why the DG580 available phone storage space is approximately 52% of the total ROM, whereas the DG550 available phone storage space is much higher at approximately 76% of the total ROM.

Is the DG580 really 8GB ROM?

Do I have my terms confused and/or mis-interpreting the data?
Total ROM is the sum of internal and phone storage.
RAM is RAM. Go into settings>apps, swipe two pages to the right. You should see your RAM usage of running apps.
Thanks. Makes sense that total ROM is internal + phone storage, and my original interpretation. What confounded me was that Apps are there, too.

So if this is the case, and total ROM for the DG580 is 8GB, and the total nternal + phone storage is equal to 6.14GB, where is the other 1.86GB? Android?
What is your indicated total internal storage and total phone storage? (not available)

The memory is computed by base 2 not base 10, and by blocks of 1024, not 1000.
For example, you should only expect around 14.1GB from an advertised 16GB.
And around 7.4GB from an advertised 8GB.