www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star N8800 recovery mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

Just rooted my phone yesterday, everything great. After that tried to install rom from Mobile Uncle, selected new recovery img, said ok to restart recovery mode, after that, phore restarted and came um a fallen Android with a triangle, screen changed to some kind of menu, after i could choose anything, came up a string line, and did nothing, pressed all buttons and nothing.
restarted the phone, everything ok, but i can´t enter recovery mode (power+vol up+home) tried with Quickboot app, phone restarted normaly, doesnt show recovery mode.

Can you help me guys?

thanks
Not much that can be done here. If booting into recovery is your objective, I'd flash the stock ROM back.

You can try flashing just stock boot.img and recovery with flash tool.
(2014-10-03, 21:23)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]Not much that can be done here. If booting into recovery is your objective, I'd flash the stock ROM back.

You can try flashing just stock boot.img and recovery with flash tool.

my objective is to install another rom, but with rom manager, when i press install, it would enter in recovery mode and it doesn´t, just restart the phone
Quote:After that tried to install rom from Mobile Uncle, selected new recovery img, said ok to restart recovery mode, after that, phore restarted and came um a fallen Android with a triangle, screen changed to some kind of menu, after i could choose anything, came up a string line, and did nothing, pressed all buttons and nothing.

please break this up next time.

1) mobileuncle is not designed to flash full ROMs only recovery.

2) recovery is always independent of full ROM so you could not have used mobileuncle to flash a full rom so you can ignore
Quote:I'd flash the stock ROM back.

unless you explain further

3) without a photo of fallen green android and menu it is hard to confirm you have a custom recovery. More likely you have a stock recovery.

that means your flashing thru mobileuncle failed.

4) I have some experience in stock recovery.....the menu is misleading.
you press the down vol to navigate and push vol up to select.
But you might have seen press the power for OK?

5) each phone differs

for me vol up home key and power get me to bootloader

normal people...giggles....use vol up and power to get to recovery.
----while vol down and power get to factory menu.
The fallen android then the menu that shows after is the recovery. You will need a custom recovery...CWM... to install a ROM as @aus9 has stated.
maybe i didn't explained correctly. The fallen Android doesn't show anymore, i've tried Vol up + Power and vol down + power, even vol up or down + power + menu button and the phone just restart in norma mode.

this is what i did first.

1 - root phone
2 - instaled mobile uncle from google play.
3 - save Srecovery.img on the root of sdcard and choose replace recovery from mobile uncle.
4 - mobile uncle asked to reboot recovery mode, pressed yes
5- fallen Android with a triangle, screen changed to some kind of menu, after i could choose anything, came up a string line, and did nothing, pressed all buttons and nothing.
6 - rebooted phone and couldn´t access to recovery mode anyway
My advice is flash the newest stock ROM for your phone or your backup with Flash Tool and start from beginning. It sounds like some issue with recovery, boot.IMG or lk.bin.