www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help need a suitable rom for a rebranded china phablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, sry if i posted in the wrong section Sad .
I am a unproud owner of an Allview AX4 Nano (clone of chinese garbage) description [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] .

It came with 4.2.2 and after a short time 4.4.2 came out by the seller. ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]). I updated it and after a few days it went dead ... couldant start it in no way not even preloader. So i opened it up unsoldered the + battery wire and got in preloader mode and flashed custom recovery (CWM) and boot from an unbrick package found on the net (just 2 files: preloader and recovery) . Manage to start it and after some time found a identical tablet at a friend and got a full back-up from it(4.2.2) that i flashed to mine but now i cant flash the KK update... i get status 7 ... so i removed the aserts and get prop device name part... and now im getting status 6. Tryed fixing that by editing the 2 lines in updater_script:

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p6", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p6", "/system");

to

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5", "/system");

since according to my scatter file /system (android) is mounted to mmcblk0p5 and /cache is mounted to mmcblk0p6.

So id like a custom / stock stable KK Rom if wnyone can help !

Thanks in advance !
hi

well done on fixing your preloader

Quote:So id like a custom / stock stable KK Rom if wnyone can help

The issue.....and you may not realize it....you can't do it while you still have the custom recovery on.

the OTA update expects to find the stock recovery.

one solution is to keep your custom recovery.....on your PC rename it with a name you will instantly recognise and put the stock recovery back on your phone
reboot into normal boot and then see if you get a notification of OTA updates.
assuming you do....do the upgrade then reflash your custom recovery

With luck, your OTA is still in cache and you may be able to reboot into stock recovery and attempt upgrade from there.

2)
Quote:mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p6", "/system");

If OTA is official update, it should know your partitions.

can you post your recovery.fstab from both your stock recovery and custom recovery pls
do not attempt to mod an updater unless you are absolutely sure you have the right mount points pls
thanks for the reply ... the problem is that i dont have the original recovery ...
Ive tryed to make a back-up with mtk droid and it failed so i skiped it and i ended up with cwm .
I dont know the original manufacurer of this junk, ive read somewhere that its a custom buid with parts from 3 or 4 manufacturers and cant find any corespondent...
If i get the original recovery back il try and flash the ota package again ( last time i tryed this id get instalation aborted and by then i didnt modify the updater script), it just didnt flash. The same ota package ive flased to another identical phablet and it worked. That one isnt usable in my problem since its got cwm recovery on it too .
Il try and find another identical copy and make full readout with spflash then flash the backup on mine and write back the imei, (this showld work right ? ) and after that il try the ota again.
One more question: the ota package has system partition in a folder wich ive converted to .img and to other files: boot.img and uboot.img; ive found thats it compiles / patches its recovery on first boot . How can i do that manualy? its a .sh file and a patch file that compiles recovery from boot.img on first startup... see the ota zip file from first link.

thanks again for fast reply.
would you mind doing an edit of your reply and separating your thoughts and questions with gaps.....its too hard for me to read sorry
nvm, ive found a back-up from another talet flashed it to mine and did ota update after that.
now i have another problem: mtk droid tools wont recognize my tablet. If i do adb devices from there it ses device serial and offline. if i use adb from google's adb pack it sees it online and i can run a shell ... it works normaly. i need mtk droid tools to restore nvram and imei .

problem soved !
hi

in case people come here from google
please link to the rom you used

2) did you use mobileuncle to resolve your IMEI?

otherwise pls provide details

thanks
Glad you got your problem solved!

It looks like you left a trail of bread crumbs regarding your battles along the way.

If you don't mind telling your tale here so another user who stumbles on it might find it useful, that would be awesome.
will write a full tutorial including files when i get home !
Thread has been split. Your tutorial is now a standalone thread that can be found here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks so much for your work! You've definitely gone above and beyond!
(2014-10-16, 03:46)WuddaWaste Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks so much for your work! You've definitely gone above and beyond!

Thank you !

P.S. this is my first china tablet Smiling and first flashing experience Smiling with this crap !