www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought clone Samsung Note3 N9006 MT6592 Android 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.0, some options does not work, in addition I can not update the software, and program. what should I do? should I start with the back up, and how , and what else? Thank you in advance for your help
Hello Reza, it's very unlikely any update exists for your phone. There MAY be some sort of custom ROM available, but it's difficult to know exactly which will work on your phone. This is because there or SO many clones.

In the future, really recommend you buy a well known model from a popular China brand... Example, Doogee, THL, iNew, Huawai etc... Then you will have some support.

If you will do something to your phone, yes...make a backup. Look in the tutorials section for how to make one.

What functions aren't working?
Thank you very much for your response, I installed the root checker 360, and my phone was rooted, however I can not update the system, and software, they were installed on 01/01/2013, some functionality like change the player and send the picture to the TV via wifi, and phone is too slow, and I get a massage the no storage space, however I have 16GB plus 32GB card
It could be faked storage. Or the storage for installing apps (internal) may not be enough.

The date of the ROM is very suspicious. Probably not the real date. The ROM is maybe fake KitKat too.

Anyways, there is unlikely to be any ROM for your phone. For sure there is no ROM from the company. Maybe someone made a custom ROM, but if they did, it's unlikely to make the phone any quicker.

Can you show a screenshot of your storage info? (settings ---> storage)

I know it is difficult to hear. But there are so many clones and most developers will not spend time to make any decent ROM for generic clone.
Thank you again for your time, please see below:
Model:SM-N9006
Brand: Samsung
CPU: MT6592
CPU Model: Quad-core ARMv7 processor(VFPv3,NEON)
CPU Frequency: 300.0-2265.6MHZ
GPU version(openGl): OpenGL ES2.0
Memory size(available/total):12450.5/16384.0MB
RAM size(available/total):1508.3/2048.0MB
SD card size: 15020.2/16424.1MB
Android: 4.4.2
Build number: JSS15J.N9006ZCUBMI5
IMEI:3558233XXXXXXXXXXX
KERNEL: 3.4.0-1590669
SE.INFRA@R0304-14 #1
Wed Sep 11 23:59:42 KST 2013
I remain skeptical of your phone's listed specs.

Because they lied about it being a Samsung in the first place (Samsung does not use MTK chips), I wouldn't be surprised if they lied about a lot more.

Running out of storage space when you supposedly have 12GB out of your 16GB free is highly suspect.

Showing a release date of September 2013 when KitKat wasn't even officially released until October 31, 2013 also throws up a red flag to me.

They are also lying about having an MT6592 processor in it. Right below the processor it says it's "Quad Core" when the actual MT6592 is an octa-core processor.

All of those listed specs are suspect of being faked. If you can return it to the seller for a refund, I highly recommend doing so.

As @DirKNirK said, next time try for a major brand name rather than an obvious knockoff. The quality you get for the money is awesome. Knockoffs are hella suspicious.

If you plan on keeping the phone, definitely definitely definitely make a backup of your ROM and scatter file. Then make another backup beyond that. Make absolutely, totally, and completely sure your backups are legit before moving forward.

There is an EXTREMELY high probability that you will not find a ROM update for your phone, and that if you *do* try to update with a ROM you find out there, it will likely brick your phone and you'll have to rely on that backup to make things work again.
I have the same phone a few differences and I'm having the same issues, I am now looking for a Factory rom for it and I must say it is a very difficult task.