www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: EMMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I run SP-Flash tool with my phone plugged in, it says emmc 29GB+8xxxx in the lower right hand corner of the window. Can anyone tell me what this means?
maybe u have to download the latest sptool, find another firmware...

regards...
(2014-10-14, 23:57)mhike777 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe u have to download the latest sptool, find another firmware...

regards...

Your reply does not answer my question. I am trying to get information corcerning EMMC, what is it? how does it pertain to my device? and things like that. If you are going to tell me get a new firmware or SP-Flash Tool at lest tell me why you think I should.
This is an educated guess. Very much a guess. I don't know for sure.

Short answer: the 29Gb is your usable space and the rest is utilized for error checking.

Background:

When talking about flash memory, you have a total device size. In your case, it's probably 32Gb. That's what we see if we take a top-down view.

If, instead, you take a bottom-up perspective, you'll see that the total device size is based first on pages, then blocks. For instance, a generic but typical organization of a NAND flash memory looks something like this:

– Page size x8: 4320 bytes (4096 + 224 bytes)
– Block size: 128 pages (512K +28K bytes)
– Plane size: 2 planes x 2048 blocks per plane
– Device size: 32Gb: 8192 blocks

The very basic block, the page, consists of 4096 bytes of usable device storage memory, plus 224 bytes which can be used to contain an error correction code checksum.

Because the data is shown in a similar fashion for the eMMC, I'm lead to believe that is what it means. As I said before, I could definitely be wrong.