www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: SP Flash Tool freezes at "downloading flash" step (MT6582)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I'm trying to update the rom of a W450 (MT6582).
I open the SP Flashtool, load the scatter and press Firmware Update. Now I plug in the phone, insert the battery and the computer recognices it and the Flash Tool starts. First a red bar, then many blue/green ones and finally a purple one. But the last process (the "downloading flash"/ yellow bar) gets stuck on the 0%. If i leave the phone connected nothing happens and when I disconnect it I have the same ROM. I tried many flashtools and drivers and with all I have the same problem. Any ideas of what is the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks!
Please follow all steps in fix flashtool problem thread. Its in the tutorials section.
Hello
Finally the problem was that I were using the front USB ports instead of the rear ones.
(2014-12-03, 00:38)teknosrp Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
Finally the problem was that I were using the front USB ports instead of the rear ones.

I really appreciate you came back and give to all the Internet your solution. I was so concerned because can't flash a phone.

I thought the problem was in the eMMC flash drive of the phone, and was so worried because the phone is not mine. In facts, a friend have the well-know problem of low internal memory on his phone (DG700), and I told him: Come on! Is easy to me to repartition the internal memory and solve the problem! Hahaha!

I search on google "SP Flash freezes" and found your coment.

The problem was exactly as you say, using front USB instead of rear ones. The problem was present both in Windows and Linux, so, I think is a hardware issue.

Very, very thanks!