www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: overclock mtk6592
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey is there anyway to overclock the 6592 1.7ghz to 2.0 using star g9000 on 4.4.2
It's not possible to overclock MTK SoCs at this time, but the 1.7GHz should be adequate for whatever you need to do.
The issue with MTK is not overclocking, it is overheating.

Having done it, I can assure you there is a way to overclock MTK processors (at least the 6589) - however, it lasted for about 10-30 seconds no matter what I did. Checking the logs, it was obvious that the processor was going into thermal shutdown. There is also a way to disable this, but I never bothered going any further as this could only result in a smoking SOC.

Short of recompiling the source code running the OCed equivalent processors (like the 6589 vs 6589T), I would have to say it is a fools errand... with me being the fool who tried it!

If you figure out a way to do this without frying your device, please post it as it would be very interesting to try it out myself - that having been said, unless you have "play phones" that are disposable like I had, the small percentage increase in performance is not worth the possible destruction of a production device.
Actually mine MTK MT6592 is clocked at 1.3 GHz. To be able to overclock device, we need to have access to Kernel source for MediaTek based devices. So far there is no any of them, so we dont know right scheduler to use to play with voltages.
Thanks all for all that I know mtk 6592 just can't be overclock but never say never and yes mtk6592 1.7ghz still monster CPU raw power OK CPU tbh my star g9000 cost £130 and for that money good phone full HD 1080p 2gb and yes real lol not 2048mb got it off eBay