www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] CWM/TWRP AX4Nano
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, im having trouble building CWM or TWRP for my frypan.
I want a touch version of one of the 2 .
This is my phablet:
Code:
ATTENTION!  Fake Hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone!
Hardware : MT6582 (MT8312 is Fake!)
Model : AX4Nano
Build number : AX4Nano_KK_SV7.0
Android  v : 4.4.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V35.P4, 2014/06/27 14:22
Kernel v : 3.4.67 (weiw@pnserver-66) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP  Mon Aug 25 16:11:20 CST 2014
My device is a ext4 with 800 x 480 pixel display emmc partition.
Full specs [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].
Tryed using CTR but failed . (see attached pics), Tryed MTKDT but that failed too saying: --- ERROR :Recovery doesn't match by the size !

Tryed making it manualy using boot from phone and Carliv's ports and that failed also( touch and nontouch vers).

After reading some more, i manualy unpacked my boot.img and recovery.img and in default.prop i see secure flags are on.

Code:
ro.secure=1
ro.allow.mock.location=0
persist.mtk.aee.aed=on
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.adb.secure=1

So i tryed seting them to 0 and debugging to 1 repacked and when flashed i get different size and bootloop. Also when i try making it manualy with MTKDT.

Im out of solutions and i ask for your help and guidance.

Packed [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[attachment=1968]
[attachment=1969]
[attachment=1970]
[attachment=1971]

Thanks in advance !

=== EDIT ===
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] are the images i made and test and all failed both JB and KK Original Patched CWM Packed Unpacked and Repacked.
Forgot to mention this shit has a Mediatek Systemon Chip (SoC) MT6582 wich is actualy MT8312 or viceversa.
Managed to make autoCWM from MTKDT using a smaller cwm template, flashed it and it works.
The problem of setting secure flags to 0 still remains tho.
Made a back-up using autoCWM and the unpacked boot.img edited build.prop and repacked it... size remaint the same but after reflash i still get bootloop .. this sux !
bump :?!?
Edit: CWM from rua1's small template is buggy as hell atleast on kkt. Had some free time today and tested it a beet deeper. Sometime mountings dont work (work@ after a few restarts wierd), SD/EMMC mounting is not workiing also, SD card inverted with EMMC, sometimes it just freezes, sometimes wipe doesnt do anything Smiling), flashing works tho !

@aus9
@WuddaWaste
@GizBeat can you guys please look this up ?
bump Sad(
In all the phones I've owned (I've owned quite a few), I've *never* had to mess with build.prop to obtain root / have a working CWM.

It's quite difficult to understand what point you're at now.

1. Do you have a working CWM?
2. Is your phone booting into Android okay?
3. Can you boot into recovery?
4. Are you successfully rooted?
5. Have you tried the Ultimate Tutorial. That is reading back your ROM with SP Flash Tools, then using MTK Droid Tool to make an SP Flashable ROM and CWM?
(2014-11-06, 20:45)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]In all the phones I've owned (I've owned quite a few), I've *never* had to mess with build.prop to obtain root / have a working CWM.

It's quite difficult to understand what point you're at now.

Quote:1. Do you have a working CWM?

I have made AutoCWM with MTKDT using rua1's small template and it bugged like hell ... so i have a partialy working cwm 5 witch is no good .

Quote:2. Is your phone booting into Android okay?

yes and its working fine .

Quote:3. Can you boot into recovery?

yes but there's nothing to do there except flashing zip's after a few restarts.

Quote:4. Are you successfully rooted?

yes , busybox too

Quote:5. Have you tried the Ultimate Tutorial. That is reading back your ROM with SP Flash Tools, then using MTK Droid Tool to make an SP Flashable ROM and CWM?

yes. my kernel size is >4.5 Mb and i have to fit the recovery image in a 6M partition. The resaults of my ported recoveries are 6.3M / 6.29 / 6.18 / 6.14 ... so they wont fit and will cause bootloops if flashed .

The cwm that rua1's tool generates is version 5, which has less features than latest ones, and therefore is smaller, but is not kitkat compatible. I know many people said that recovery is not Android version dependant, but I say it is, and in fact is kernel dependant. The kitkat kernel, that i have on my device needs a kitkat compatible recovery ramdisk. What i need is a smaller kernel, a custom one probably, but there must be a developer that own that device and is willing to work on it.
If I were you, I'd just let well enough alone. You have a CWM that allows you to flash update.zip (eg, SuperSU etc...), you are successfully rooted. What else do you need?
(2014-11-06, 21:33)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you, I'd just let well enough alone. You have a CWM that allows you to flash update.zip (eg, SuperSU etc...), you are successfully rooted. What else do you need?

thats not an answer i was looking for .. but thanks anyway ... the shit that i got is not a recovery ... its somthing to fill up the partition ... its buggy as hell... to manage and flash a zip after it fails 20 times i must restart the recovery 20 times more ... in your oppinion you call this working ? thanks for your time !
anyone any ideeas? does anyone know hot to slim down some functions from cwm 6 to make it slimer ?