www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Update] MT6592 iNew V3 Review iNew V3a Specifications 2GB/16GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MT6592 iNew V3 Review iNew V3a Specifications 2GB/16GB

inew-v3-mt6582-2A blast to the past – MT6582 iNew V3 The LCD was great looking and the price was excellent for the specs. Eleven months ago iNew changed the game with their evolutionary release — the iNew V3. The iNew V3, at the time, was one of the slickest looking mobiles on the market, and that […]

http://www.gizbeat.com/5760/mt6592-inew-...s-2gb16gb/

The iNew V3 Plus came from www.coolicool.com
Man, this is an interesting decision.

On one hand, the iNew V3 was probably the best selling phones this company has ever seen. On the other hand, the design issues alongside that initial success made the V3 one of the biggest black eyes the company could have ever taken.

Marketing this phone as the V3A instead of changing the name altogether is a bold move. This new phone seems to have addressed most of the issues the old one suffered from. However, if I were a former disgruntled V3 owner and saw this come out as a "V3A" I'd be a little hesitant to pull the trigger.

What do the rest of you V3 users think? Good move, or bad?
It's somewhat disturbing the battery and frequencies are the same as GizBeat wrote. It makes me wonder also whether they are just taking the same exact bodies and insides and just changing processors and RAM.

But also, maybe they have fixed the original issues that plagued iNew V3 for the first 6 months?
(2014-10-22, 18:48)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]It's somewhat disturbing the battery and frequencies are the same as GizBeat wrote. It makes me wonder also whether they are just taking the same exact bodies and insides and just changing processors and RAM.

But also, maybe they have fixed the original issues that plagued iNew V3 for the first 6 months?

I think it makes sense for them to take the old V3 chassis and change the insides - that way they kill two birds with one stone: First, they give users a more powerful SoC to play with and second, they don't have to spend any time to reconfigure their factory to produce a totally different chassis. Did I mention the savings on R&D and shorter product development life cycle?

I was surprised to see the NFC connectors from the V3 on the V3A even though the new version doesn't have NFC - that could only mean that the chassis is exactly the same as the first V3.

Only problem with squeezing new tech into an old frame is that you create new (probably worse) problems. For instance, using the battery from the iNew V3 in the upgraded model is a pretty ballsy move because battery life might be crap. Theoretically, the new SoC should require more power but I don't think it will consume much more than the old phone in everyday usage.

I think it will work out in iNew's favor in the end because they have used a 6529M SoC. The CPU cores are clocked at 1.4 GHz - only 0.1 GHz higher than the old V3. Since most Android apps are optimized to use a maximum of 4 cores at a time, battery life shouldn't be affected by the CPU. At the moment, only benchmarking apps fire up all the cores simultaneously. I'm worried about the GPU because it's quite a bit more power-hungry than the Mali400 MP2 in the old V3. Frequent gamers might be in for a rude shock with this phone.
Tried to update my old post but looks like It's too late to edit. I just found out that the Mali 450MP4 is more energy efficient than Mali 400 (better fabrication process, higher optimization, etc.) If that's the case, gamers might get about 3 hours of 3D gaming which is a win in my books.

Also, more highly threaded apps are now being developed - I just found out that Chrome can make use of all 8 cores simultaneously. This means that octa-core users might soon (finally) be able to utilize the full potential of these mighty processors.