www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6589 3D gaming performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i am considering buying my first MTK6589 phone (Hero 7500+, UMI X1s...), but i am really into gaming so i would like to know if phones with this chipset can smoothly handle new 3D games like Real Racing 3, Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3 or GTA Vice City without any FPS drops or lags . Ofcourse assuming i have good custom rom.

Thanks for your answers.
(2013-06-06, 04:18)carlosac Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i it'sconsidering buying my first MTK6589 phone (Hero 7500+, UMI X1s...), but i am really into gaming so i would like to know if phones with this chipset can smoothly handle new 3D games like Real Racing 3, Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3 or GTA Vice City without any FPS drops or lags . Ofcourse assuming i have good custom rom.

Thanks for your answers.

I have N9389 MTK6589 phone.
Neither one game lags on it so you are safe to buy one.
But only some MTK6589 phones have custom rom called LEWA, it's kinda similar to MIUI, but check the phone you want to see does it have LEWA custom rom.
(2013-06-06, 04:18)carlosac Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Excellent price as well.
Thanks for your answer...i was also considering Lenovo A820 with qHD resolution, but missing front camera, LED flash and compass convinced me to not buying that one. I was thinking, what about upcoming MTK6589T with overclocked CPU and GPU, do you think it will handle games in 720p noticeably better ?

(2013-06-08, 17:24)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Excellent price as well.
(2013-06-09, 01:52)carlosac Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Excellent price as well.

Yes. See my recent Gizbeat.com article for the specifics. Most of the phones coming out with MTK6589T are 1080p, but if you were to find a 720p (or QHD) with MTK6589T, you should notice a significant frame rate increase.

Still, IMO the THL W100 is one of the best bargains going right now. I'm considering picking one up myself.
Me I play to Subway Surf, it's very nice. Some times, lag appaers, but it's better than my old HTC Desire
(2013-06-17, 01:08)jamal Wrote: [ -> ]Me I play to Subway Surf, it's very nice. Some times, lag appaers, but it's better than my old HTC Desire

Which device you have? It's almost impossible to have any lag on Subway Surfers, i played alot of games like Modern Combat 4, N.O.V.A. 3, GTA Vice City and others on high settings without any lag.