www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: how to install stock rom without stock recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I have a question on my NGM Wilco with processor MT6577T:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

So I made a long time the root to my terminal and I installed the TWRP recovery 2.4.2.0. Now I have to restore the stock rom but unfortunately I do not have the installation file of the stock recovery.

Is there a way to still install the stock rom?

Thanks
What type of ROM is it? Is it made for flashing through recovery? Or flashing with SP Flash Tool?
The rom is this:

and the instructions I think it's only appropriate to flash through recovery ...

The rom is this:

and the instructions I think it's only appropriate to flash through recovery ...

I have some hopes?

thanks
It's very strange for them to offer only a recovery installed ROM.

My guess is that it's unlikely to work through TWRP. Possibly through CWM, but also unlikely.

Why do you need to install stock?
Hi

I do not read Italian but maybe you should ask at the official forum for the original firmware?

2) but you have TWRP which suggests you may have got it from another forum that I won't name here.....but I can see your nickname there

3) why don't you ask Manu69 for original firmware?
(2014-10-23, 04:41)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]It's very strange for them to offer only a recovery installed ROM.

My guess is that it's unlikely to work through TWRP. Possibly through CWM, but also unlikely.

Why do you need to install stock?

because ... after a failed attempt to install a custom rom, the phone appears strangely being launched, the logo of the same rom failed (Slim JB Droid 4 CM 4.2.2) and then once you start the device has an error :

NGW_WMP the application is stopped abnormally

thanks

(2014-10-23, 06:54)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]3) why don't you ask Manu69 for original firmware?

Already asked but unfortunately does not respond ....

thanks
hi

Quote:NGW_WMP the application is stopped abnormally

the new rom is expecting this app to work or be installed.

You will notice the app name begins with ngw and I can't find it ....at this stage ...
at playstore but your official forum or the Italian forum may know it.
If you can install it that might resolve your issue until you can find someone to provide a stock recovery.

Incidently, if you use a custom recovery it is more likely you will no longer get official updates.

a custom recovery can be tricked but it needs to have matching details in the update script to match phone make model etc.

if balance of phone works....don't worry about it but make sure you at least backup thru TWRP.....and backup nvram.

Not sure if TWRP can but search this forum and I am sure you will find ways of backing up nvram.

good liuck
ok....

And if I could find a compatible rom based on JB maybe I could fix everything. By the way do you know any custom ROM for NGM Wilco?

thanks
no I don't know
wanting to make a porting of a rom based on 4.2.2 JB for devices with CPU MT6577 you think it is feasible.
I thought the software "Android Kitchen" ...

What I do not understand is if the software is able to customize the new rom just for my smartphone or if you do it generically for all MT6577. I say this because it was just when I tried to install a rom for MT6577 I made ​​my unstable NGM Wilco.

Thanks as always
Pages: 1 2