www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How do I get rid of iOS skin for i6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased a MTK6582 Quad Core i6 iphone clone. I hate the i6 'skin/ theme'. Is there a way to get rid of it so that I am simply running the normal Android? Thanks for ANY advice.
I'd recommend trying Apex launcher from play. It should fix your homescreen and app drawer.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-10-28, 05:30)Ninja^F.U.B.A.R. Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks Ninja, I'll try this and let you know how it turned out. Out of town presently, been thinking about this and wanted to post it up. I'll be back to that phone by the end of the week. I appreciate your lead!
Hey Ninja,

I was able to download Apex Launcher. Funny thing is, all icons are still iOS icons laid out in a more android OS fashion, lol. Apex also told me to 'swipe out' any other launchers. I tried but the Apple Launcher refuses to swipe away. Here's some photos to show what I mean. From seeing this, I believe the iOS theme is actually built into the ROM, would that be a correct assumption? I do have to say Apex DEFINITELY helped. Thanks for your insight!

[Image: IMG_0450_zpse242385e.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0451_zps4f5a9d7d.jpg]
Make sure icon pack is checked in Apex settings > theme settings.

You can also look in system settings > home to make sure Apex launcher is selected.

If both of these suggestions fail, perhaps just need to get used to the iOS icons Big Grin , or maybe try Play and download icon packs for Apex.. Or try a different 3rd party launcher.
(2014-10-28, 05:39)JayRod Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks Ninja, I'll try this and let you know how it turned out. Out of town presently, been thinking about this and wanted to post it up. I'll be back to that phone by the end of the week. I appreciate your lead!
Have you rooted this device by chance?

Also, even with Apex, are you still stuck with "iOS" icons to non-existent apps? Or are all the icons connected to something.

I don't know if I could stand icons with the iOS skin that went nowhere.

I DO know I could not stand icons with an Android setup that went nowhere!

Out of morbid curiosity, which apps with the iOS skin are dead ends and where did you buy your device?

Thanks!
(2014-11-02, 08:11)edcoolio Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Have you rooted this device by chance?

Also, even with Apex, are you still stuck with "iOS" icons to non-existent apps? Or are all the icons connected to something.

I don't know if I could stand icons with the iOS skin that went nowhere.

I DO know I could not stand icons with an Android setup that went nowhere!

Out of morbid curiosity, which apps with the iOS skin are dead ends and where did you buy your device?

Thanks!
Hey EdCoolio,

Not Rooted.

All fake apps still there with Apex!

iTunes, iBooks, NewsStand, and Passbook are all dead ends. Also in settings the iCloud option, and iTunes and App Store settings are just for show, no content. The Nike+iPod app is for show. In email account set up, MobileMe email is an option and iCloud replaced MobileMe years ago! FingerPrint scanner is fake as well...

Bought phone from [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]