www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: mtk6592 cota core too much ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is a true octa core too much ? Love that a phone can have a octa core was not long ago for PC to make the move now phones but when do you need it maybe like 2015 we will have more games/apps on play that use full 8 cores but to day what good is it don't get me wrong I love my g9000 octa core phone was using a Sony z1 when.octa core was out to buy so sold the z1 and got a octa core phone I can see its fast and good phone for money lot I have the 1.7ghz one would like to try the 2.0 to see if its faster do Miss the 21mb.s on 3g z1 so just like to know what good is. Your octa core good for ?
Just me then lol
I wouldn't say it's TOO much. I think 4 cores is enough for Android system, but the MT6592 with better GPU is good for the higher res phones (720p/1080p).

You don't see the improvement as much, but it's good for 720p and 1080p. If 540p or 480p, MT6582 is enough (some with 720p, but not as many).

Check out this app that was recommended before on this site: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . That will show you your CPU in real time in the top corner and they are rarely maxed out.
(2014-10-29, 02:00)DirKNirK Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . That will show you your CPU in real time in the top corner and they are rarely maxed out.

Thanks DirKNirK for the app yes did see 6 cores one time working yes quad core is all a android phone needs gpu is next big thing mtk need to get on its octa cores
Coming from a two quad-core devices, I've really enjoyed having octacore performance. This phone has taken pretty much everything I could imagine throwing at it. I haven't even unchecked the box to throttle the CPU for better battery life. The CPU is a beast.

The only time I have a little bit of trouble is if I'm running a ton of apps at once and try to run a process-intensive game. For instance, when I was in Asphalt and I didn't have my other processes closed, sometimes it would pick up my steering a quarter of a second too slow. No good. My previous phones, on the other hand, ran Asphalt altogether less smoothy and with less detail, and sometimes even exhibited the same problem with all of the processes closed.
(2014-10-29, 05:24)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Coming from a two quad-core devices, I've really enjoyed having octacore performance. This phone has taken pretty much everything I could imagine throwing at it. I haven't even unchecked the box to throttle the CPU for better battery life. The CPU is a beast.

The only time I have a little bit of trouble is if I'm running a ton of apps at once and try to run a process-intensive game. For instance, when I was in Asphalt and I didn't have my other processes closed, sometimes it would pick up my steering a quarter of a second too slow. No good. My previous phones, on the other hand, ran Asphalt altogether less smoothy and with less detail, and sometimes even exhibited the same problem with all of the processes closed.

Haha true is there any game that 6592 can't play lol and for apps runs as much as you like just never slow down