www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: dg550 display is breaking spontaneously
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there´s a defect with the dg550 display, it is braking for itself ,,,,belive or not ,,,mine broken while charging and no warranty cover the defect "tinydeal says they have no info about this defect and can´t cover the repair" I found this thread on internet while searching for a new display. check it out!.....I,m sad and angry because the money it costs and while I use it works perfect, until it broke,,,,,
Can't lookCryingCrying
Very sorry to hear this happened to you.

Are you sure there's no one else at the house, children or some such that may have knocked it off the table?

Spontaneus glass breakage can happen with hardened/tempered glass. It is one of the unfortunate side effects of Gorilla Glass and such.

It can happen with any model: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

It's very unlikely due to DG550 model, but more likely an issue with your specific copy. It can because of a number of reasons. Tiny scratch or chip, temperature changes (example, charging and getting very hot, then cooling down in a cold room), or many other reasons. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
there are a lot of theories about it, I just know that in the night i put it charging and in the morning it was unbelievable broken , nobody touched it at all , we were sleeping ,,,,, Crying
and sadly the display costs almost the half of a new one Lost It i´m not sure to repair it, cause it probably will broke again that i´m for sure i will never buy this brand anymore ...... I´ll prefer cubot or jiayu

(2014-10-28, 23:23)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

It's very unlikely due to DG550 model, but more likely an issue with your specific copy. It can because of a number of reasons. Tiny scratch or chip, temperature changes (example, charging and getting very hot, then cooling down in a cold room), or many other reasons. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
As I said, this can happen with any tempered glass, Cubot, Jiayu, Samsung, Sony, HTC included.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

I guess I'm stating the obvious, but looks like there may have been some imperfection or stress point at the top corner. This crack also looks like an extremely strange spontaneous crack. Normally a spontaneous crack will be single line, not shattered as pictured here. I'm not saying it's not a spontaneous crack, it's just unusual.
Large screens can break by themselves if subjected to sudden temperature changes (as can happen when charging). If you charge a phone when placed on a pillow or any other surface that doesn't dissipate heat, it might cause the phone temperature to rise sharply causing stress on the screen.

(2014-10-29, 01:09)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

I guess I'm stating the obvious, but looks like there may have been some imperfection or stress point at the top corner. This crack also looks like an extremely strange spontaneous crack. Normally a spontaneous crack will be single line, not shattered as pictured here. I'm not saying it's not a spontaneous crack, it's just unusual.

Good call. Something hard must have hit the screen at that top left corner. The radiating cracks are proof of this. This phone's screen cracked because it was hit by something hard at the point where all those radiating cracks originated from.
(2014-11-15, 19:04)twistyplain Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Good call. Something hard must have hit the screen at that top left corner. The radiating cracks are proof of this. This phone's screen cracked because it was hit by something hard at the point where all those radiating cracks originated from.
it´s a curious scenario ,,,, the screen protector and the body of the phone is intact, there is not some signal of scratch or hit in they, the phone had a case protector and is clean of scratch or some signal of struck , it seems that it explode from inside to outside ( the display).............saddlery I have a very expensive brick now!!!!!!
Have you ever monitored your device while charging?

Extreme heat by the cpu can cause this as charging can overheat the board.