www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: mtk 6589 UBIFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys recently it seems that some china clones are arriving with mtk6589 ubifs on them does anybody have any info on these SoC's as i only thought that mtk6572 SoC's had this yaffs system
also any reason why they do not connect to 3g on any network....thanks in advance
Big Grin
Yes, in the past it was only MT6572 with UBIFS. Actually I didn't realize they were still making new phones with MT6589. Are you sure it's not faked SoC? (Can check with MTK Droid Tool)

If 3G isn't working, check engineering mode to see what's reported for 3G frequencies. Normally if 3G isn't working it's because the phone doesn't have the correct band for your carrier.
(2014-10-29, 23:03)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, in the past it was only MT6572 with UBIFS. Actually I didn't realize they were still making new phones with MT6589. Are you sure it's not faked SoC? (Can check with MTK Droid Tool)

If 3G isn't working, check engineering mode to see what's reported for 3G frequencies. Normally if 3G isn't working it's because the phone doesn't have the correct band for your carrier.

hey sniper have done the whole mtk droid tools check,also mobile uncle,engineering mode everything,have noticed a few of these SoC's popping up recently...it's very odd...because i thought the same as you that they only came in 6572 devices wierd...Drool

what i was really after was anybody who had any knowledge of these SoC's who could possibly advise,but thank you for your input
3g not working is the same issue, regardless of SoC or UBIFS.

Where do you live? Who's your carrier? What does engineerimg mode say in regards to UMTS frequencies?