www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: shuts down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Twice in the last couple of months my thl w200s shuts down,i first thought it had just gone flat but did exactly the same thing today, put it on charge and left it for awhile then tried to restart phone with no luck, the only way I could get the phone to start was to take the battery out for awhile, the same as I had to do the first time, when phone started it still had 41% charge, anybody got any ideas?
Thanks
Doing it while using it? Or while phone sleepses....
(2014-11-02, 20:15)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]Doing it while using it? Or while phone sleepses....

phone was sitting idle at the time and when i went to use it it had shut down
It may be a ROM issue. Possibly with the kernel, but most likely a hardware issue. You can see MLAIS MX69 / H9008 had this problem with nearly all copies, but this is first I've heard of it for W200S.

First step is make sure you're running the latest ROM, but since its first time I've heard of it for W200S, I doubt that will help.

Could possibly, but not likely, be due to an app process as well. So you could try a factory reset.

If its not happening very often, I would just live with it. You could send it back... But its a very difficult problem to "show" in regards to getting warranty honored. Lose a lot of time and shipping money as well.

If its happening often, you can use an app to keep your phone from deep sleeping. Most likely what's happening is voltage drop during deep sleep. That fixed it for H9008... But then again, you will lose a lot of battery life because not deep sleeping. So it's a last resort if it starts to happen often.
ok thanks,its running android 4.2.2 that came with it,dont know how to update it and not sure whether i should,

(2014-11-03, 01:14)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]It may be a ROM issue. Possibly with the kernel, but most likely a hardware issue. You can see MLAIS MX69 / H9008 had this problem with nearly all copies, but this is first I've heard of it for W200S.

First step is make sure you're running the latest ROM, but since its first time I've heard of it for W200S, I doubt that will help.

If its not happening very often, you will just have to live with it, or send it back... But its a very difficult problem to "show".

If its happening often, you can use an app to keep your phone from deep sleeping. Most likely what's happening is voltage drop during deep sleep. That fixed it for H9008... But then again, you will lose a lot of battery life because not deep sleeping. So it's a last resort if it starts to happen often.
(2014-11-03, 01:17)skuzzb Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . could be your ROM is newer than this too. Check in about phone.
Think I will leave it standard and see what happens thanks for your help

(2014-11-03, 01:25)cookiedough Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . could be your ROM is newer than this too. Check in about phone.