www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Doogee Voyager2 DG310 vs Lenovo A328 vs Asus Zenfone4.5 A450CG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Undecided kindly read my lowly story...
So, I've been thinking alot lately, researching many phones,
i do have a budget of around 200USD but I want dont really want to spend it all ( still a student), I currently have only the Lenovo A316,256mb RAM,gingerbread 4" 800x480 (although previoulsy I've owned phones like Xperia M,Asus Memo Pad HD,Alcatel One touch glory 2s pro,Huawei y300,Nokia N8(?),some unknown China smartphone clones).. and I do like to tinker Android

Basically I want an upgrade from my Lenovo A316 but I dont really intend spending lots of money... the first one that was ideal is the Asus Zenfone 4.5 A450CG, spec wise its everything that I want the gpu(SGX544 MP2) is really powerful compared to most MTKs of the same budget, the 8MP with low light tech, the not too large but not too small 4.5" screen but theres a downside,I've read from alot of comments ,blogs and youtube videos the battery life sucks and I have a friend who owns a ZF5 who complains the same thing. Battery life is really important for me, its no use doing customization or playing games if it dies out quickly...

So I went on to find another phone, I realise that I dont really need the extra power GPU based on my current usage on my Lenovo A316, I really do need the extra Ram since I constantly having problem with apps closing while multitasking, I need a better battery life (Lenovo A316 is mt6572, although not as much battery guzzler as the mt6575 phones but still wasnt the good battery life like I experienced with xperia M)...fortunately I found Doogee Voyager2 Dg310, its almost perfect except for the screen(im a big anti big screen phone among my friends) i might have to give in, it uses the mt6582 afaik it is good in battery life cmiiw.. this phone is available at around 80USD locally...then I found the Lenovo A328, which i think has the same specs except for a few things, the pros for me of the A328 is the 4.5" screen and probably better build , cons 4gb is tough if u want to install games even with sdcard(gl2sd stuff),its priced slightly expensive 90USD,its a Lenovo (almost everyone is using a Lenovo phone, I really dont want to be a sheep)... speaking of better build I heard that the DG310 is prone to hardware issues please cmiiw, i also have a friend who used to own a DG110 but after a few months the touchscreen didnt worked on some areas and the hardware capacitive buttons stoppped working.

Any advice?
All electronics are prone to hardware issues. :|

Either the DG310 or the Lenovo will be fine for you hardware wise. Make sure you check 3g frequency support before you buy. Lenovos from China shops will not have N/S/C America 3g. DG310 is one that does according to Gizbeat.

Not sure what you expect from battery, but don't expect more than 5 hours WiFi use and you will easily make it through the day.

At the end of the day, this is an $80 phone. If it breaks, stolen, lost... You won't cry.

Welcome to Chinaphonearena!
As a quick question to better help you: Which frequencies for 3g do you require? This is one of the first steps in selecting a device.

The Asus is the superior phone. Better camera, more frequencies, better everything... except the battery!! I have also stated previously on another thread that Asus was very disappointing in this regard as the phone is rather thick/fat. If it was thick/fat with a better battery...

The Asus is the superior machine with the smallest gas tank. An external USB battery pack in your backpack plus car/home charging would solve this - but it is extra hassle to be sure.

If the battery is a no-go for you, and the extra frequencies are not a must-have, then I would agree that the Doogee DG310 is a great choice. Just buy an extra battery while you are at it and you should be good to go,
I'm from Malaysia... i need 900/1800.. so i think theres no issue there... I'm too disappointed in the Asus ZF series,thats what im saying too its everything but its battery life, the thickness is unforgivable too..
hmm, is the battery life of the DG310 not good enough? does it not have the energy efficiency of the MT6589?

I'm from Malaysia... i need 900/1800.. so i think theres no issue there... I'm too disappointed in the Asus ZF series,thats what im saying too its everything but its battery life, the thickness is unforgivable too..
hmm, is the battery life of the DG310 not good enough? does it not have the energy efficiency of the MT6589?
(2014-11-04, 19:54)funtikar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm from Malaysia... i need 900/1800.. so i think theres no issue there... I'm too disappointed in the Asus ZF series,thats what im saying too its everything but its battery life, the thickness is unforgivable too..

The dg310 should give at least 4 hours onscreen. But also depends what you're doing. Not 4 hours 3d gaming.
(2014-11-04, 19:54)funtikar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm from Malaysia... i need 900/1800.. so i think theres no issue there... I'm too disappointed in the Asus ZF series,thats what im saying too its everything but its battery life, the thickness is unforgivable too..

The DG310 has:

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz

Are you saying you require 900/1800 for 2G and do not care/have 3G? Or that you require 900/1800 for 3G?

In other words, do you only require the 2G frequencies of 900/1800 and no other frequencies?