www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Can't boot in to recovery mode.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a Huadoo V3 phone which so far seems quite good.
Android 4.4.2 MTK6582 etc.
I can upload a droid tools screen shot if needed.

I have not placed my simcard in the phone yet because i wanted to root the phone first so i could install xposed.
All the tools like Kingo, srs-root, vroot, root genius, towelroot etc have produced no results.

Everything went according to plan, got the green lights and ticks here and there when i was supposed to but there was a couple of things that were a bit different.
When setting the hex value for cache to do a full backup for CWM the fella in the video had the option of 'region' to set it to 'emmc_user', but for some reason that option was not available to me.

After going through all the steps and trying to boot in to recovery mode, i am able to switch between recovery, fastboot and normal but the volume down button will not make the selection (phone says volume down is ok).
I've tried every button combination imaginable but to no avail.
The button works in factory settings so it may not be a hardware issue.
I have not contacted the manufacturer or the place i bought it yet, i figured i would start a thread here first.
Phone is still fully operational.

Happy to do a review of this phone even if i can't solve this problem.
Not too bad a phone, kind of like a rehash of the oinom lmv9.
Any help to solve these issues would be much appreciated.
Please delete this thread.
I managed to get root using Kingo after fiddling with a few settings.
The main one was making sure the android preload drivers were installed correctly.
I missed the little yellow hazzard icon the first time round.
Also sorry for posting a vid from another site, i just found it easier to follow at the time mainly because it mentioned kitkat.

If this thread does not get deleted, could you please delete the attachment image, i seem to be unable to do so. Thanks.
Hi, DblBacon.
Thanks for giving an update about how you resolved it. Your thread could be helpful for others that encounter the same problem, so there is no need to delete it. Thumbs Up

Glad you have your phone fully functional now.