www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Problems Rooting Timmy E82
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I've had my Timmy E82 for a while now, so decided to try and root it. It seems however it's not really as easy as I thought it was. On my first attempt I used VROOT and it gave me this "fake" root status, the phone acted like it was rooted but it wasn't. Then I made a big mistake by uninstalling the Kinguser (default superuser) instead of freezing it. And that's when stuff took a turn for the worse. I wanted to install SuperSu but it failed time after time. When I checked later if my phone was rooted with Root Checker, I was surprised to see it wasn't..
I've been trying to root it using different methods. VROOT does not work, creating CWM gives me an error at the step where you have to power off the phone and plug it back into the pc and get a green circle, nothing happens. I've been reading a lot on the forum but can't figure out what to do now Huh
I've also tried to PM the user 'Android UK' because he succeeded in rooting the phone, but I can't PM him for some reason
Any help would be appreciated!
Have you used the correct drivers for your preloader version?

Thats the only reason you would fail at loading via the mtk pre load