www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: V8 turn off cell radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I bought a iNew V8 and basically I'm very happy with it. However, my joy reduces the problem that I have with this phone. Very often, it happens that a couple of times a day, the phone turns off the cell radio. In view of the fact that the phone does not notify this in any way, except an addition icons on the display. I do not know whether the phone works or not. It seems to me that the problem lies with the software or a fault of the antenna. It always happens while the wi-fi is on. I tried to reset to factory settings, but the problem always returns. Cell radio can be accessed only by a reset of the phone.
Maybe someone can help me?

firmware -INEW_V8_1.21_20140912
I drew attention to the next thing. On the phone everything is fine until I install some applications from play shop. Then the cellular radio turned off, regardless of whether the wi-fi is on or off, or the internet is via a sim card. The same sim card I checked in zopo zp700 with Android 4.4.2 and everything works flawlessly.
Amendment. When I update existing applications, the cell radio turns off again. It seems to me that my phone does not tolerate communication with the play store. Maybe someone had a similar problem and a possible solution to it?
Where can I find firmware for V8 with android 4.2.2 and how to upload?
There is no JB rom for V8. You should re-flash the rom you have (you can find it at needrom) and I think it should solve your problem.
Thanks very much for the advice. I found probable cause. I removed the memory card, which probably did not work properly. After a factory reset, the phone works properly since wednesday. I installed several applications and everything looks good. To sum up - or the memory card is damaged or something with the memory controller. A little strange that the same card works in the computer.