www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Xiaocai G6 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2013-06-18, 09:14)gaf Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed problem with Google play store!!

I managed to install gapps.zip, making a cwm recovery thanks to rey69 tutorial.

The whole process works perfectly in the Xiaocai G6.

If you get a chance, please upload and post the CWM recovery for future users that have the same phone.
attachment:
-Boot.img for Xiaocai G6
-Recovery.img for Xiaocai G6
-Scatter.Txt for Xiaocai G6

Everything under your responsibility

direct download: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
may i know which preloader file you used?
I have been trying to follow this guide to create my own CWM. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

However, at step A4, nothing happens when i plug my phone back to my computer? It just continues searching. I have installed the usb drivers and my phone is listed in device manager under "Android Phone" as "Android Composite ADB Interface".
(2013-06-20, 19:43)razornova Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

However, at step A4, nothing happens when i plug my phone back to my computer? It just continues searching. I have installed the usb drivers and my phone is listed in device manager under "Android Phone" as "Android Composite ADB Interface".

Use usbdeview tool to remove any previous Android device drivers you have (look for Android, adb, HTC, ...), reboot after removing them, and reinstall MTK USB VCOM drivers. When you plugin your phone SWITCHED OFF to usb port you should see for some seconds a Mediatek Preloader device under "ports" in device manager. Otherwise drivers are not installed properly and SP Flash Tool will not connect to your phone. In this thread there is a post with a link to a package including usbdeview and MTK VCOM drivers: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Thank you for your reply! I've done the steps you listed.
1. Uninstall all previous USB drivers.
2. Reboot
3. Installed these drivers: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Now when I plug in my off phone this device will appear for a few seconds: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Still, nothing happens when I plug in my off phone after clicking on read back. Btw I am running windows 8 Pro 64 bit and using SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1248.0.96-MT6589
Hellor Razor,

Please take a look at [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. It's a thread regarding Windows 8 and ADB drivers.
Thank you everyone. Google play etc is now working on my Xiaocai G6 Smiling
(2013-06-21, 02:03)razornova Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you everyone. Google play etc is now working on my Xiaocai G6 Smiling

Let us know what ended up working for you. You don't have to go into detail. Just briefly, so that future members can benefit.
It seems like the problem was the drivers not installing properly due to windows 8. I followed option 1 from this link: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Basically you have to restart your windows in a special manner to allow the unsigned driver to be installed. Once it was installed, I launched SP flash tools again and reconnected my off phone and everything worked like a charm from there on Smiling
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5