www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Update] DARPA Bridging the Terahertz Gap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DARPA Bridging the Terahertz Gap

THz    In 2012, the Guinness World Record for the fastest circuit was awarded to the 850 GHz Vacuum Amplifier. Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems have taken things a step further and have replaced the world record with a 1.012 THz solid-state amplifier IC. In the current state of electronics, everything has been restricted to the […]

http://www.gizbeat.com/5844/darpa-bridgi...hertz-gap/
I just had a light bulb go off in my head: will we ever see terahertz capable chips on mobile devices? At the current rate of tech advancement for mobile devices, I wouldn't write it off just yet. Mobile phone manufacturers are currently using insanely powerful hardware just to stay on top. It doesn't surprise me that you'd have to try really hard to actually see the performance difference between 2012 and 2014 flagship phones.

That trend is also being picked up by laptop manufacturers. Maybe in 2050 Intel might have a terahertz processor in one of its ultrabooks.