www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: any seen this before?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This again is my first chinese phone and out of all phones i have never seen this happen.

So it bothered me that i had no way of getting a hold of my kernel source that i started looking more into the device.

The phone i have a posh titan hd e500a which is a MT6592.

Unless this is one of the most best fakes i have ever seen or manufactureing company messed up or did it on purpose.

I have looked countless times to see if my cpu is fake, but even cpu apps are reading it as a MT6592 and overclock apps read all 8 cores.

But i just noticed the OS build i have was made for the MT6582 chipset.....

Which leads me to think the last update might have been a chopped up os update from a different chipset.

My cores are all clocked to 1.3ghz!! Now i am starting to think all of these firmwares are interchangeble.
unlucky Sad
Yes they are often interchangeable assuming you change the right parts of the ROM

That it's running at 1.3GHz is somewhat strange. It may be your SoC is faked. Have you plugged it to MTK Droid Tools?
(2014-11-15, 00:36)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they are often interchangeable assuming you change the right parts of the ROM

That it's running at 1.3GHz is somewhat strange. It may be your SoC is faked. Have you plugged it to MTK Droid Tools?

I have check everything that can identify the cpu model even mtk droid and all say MT6592.

My guess is both the MT6582 and MT6592 use same chipsets, but i was left with a kernel clocked for the slower cpu.

I am going to rollback to the original rom and see if it was just the update then if so ill jist use the original roms kernel.
They use a different GPU as well. MP400 dual-core for mtk6582 and MP450 quad-core for mt6592. Its not only a matter of CPU frequency. Could be as you say though. Same as Intel. They just sell the chips at different clock speeds as different models and perhaps with mediatek change GPU on the chip too.
(2014-11-15, 00:57)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]They use a different GPU as well. MP400 dual-core for mtk6582 and MP450 quad-core for mt6592. Its not only a matter of CPU frequency. Could be as you say though. Same as Intel. They just sell the chips at different clock speeds as different models and perhaps with mediatek change GPU on the chip too.

I have rolled back to a older update (V05) and it seems clock speed is the same, but what i noticed now is the new update (V08) must have been pulled when i complained about getting the kernel source as i am not getting a update notification now.

When i check for update it says i am on the latest OS. hhaha.
Anyway here is proof that the phone its self is not a faked hardware version atleast the known way most use.

[Image: 2ipa4i.jpg]
So i learned something new. I had never seen a cpu type with multiple sub model cpus.

So what i learned is there is 3 models for this chipset.

MT6592 = 1.7ghz
MT6592M = 1.4ghz
MT6592T = 2ghz

So this purchase was not all that bad. It is the same as the others, but the others are just marginally faster.

This is until i am able to overclock the cpu a bit.
So in the end i have the MT6592M version.