www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: DG900 ROM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone got the new DG900?

I am desperately in need of the stock firmware. Or even a working recovery.

I would really appreciate it if someone could upload a backup of either if they have made one.
hi, i have order this today. as soon as it is mine, i can try to upload for you. but, i search how to root it on the web without result.
I can tell you that framaroot did not work for me.

Doogee link to this page in their blog:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Edit: I just downloaded the software from this site & avg tells me there is a trojan in it. Maybe rooting software does appear as a trojan, maybe not. I do not know enough about it but I would not even visit this link unless you know a great deal more about this sort of thing than I do.]

But it does pre-date the release of the dg900 by six months so I would not like to recommend it really.

I would strongly suggest making a backup with this guide before you try rooting:

Because I did not and I find myself stuck in a boot loop instead of playing with my lovely new phone.
I should just add that although framaroot did not work on this particular device it worked perfectly on my wife's phone, which has the same processor.

She has a Star N3+ with the same mtk6592.
Have your had a look on needrom?
Sadly yes. I think that the dg900 is still too new for any ROMs to be out there.
A quick update. Someone posted the stock ROM on pandawill forums so we are up and running again.

It is telling me now that I have an invalid IMEI but I still have the box with the codes on so it will hopefully not be too much of a problem.
(2014-11-19, 18:49)leesnose Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Edit: I just downloaded the software from this site & avg tells me there is a trojan in it. Maybe rooting software does appear as a trojan, maybe not. I do not know enough about it but I would not even visit this link unless you know a great deal more about this sort of thing than I do.]

But it does pre-date the release of the dg900 by six months so I would not like to recommend it really.

I would strongly suggest making a backup with this guide before you try rooting:

Because I did not and I find myself stuck in a boot loop instead of playing with my lovely new phone.

Almost all rooting software makes us of an exploit which finds a loophole in the OS that it can use to give you root access. Ignore the warning by AVG, that warning is a false positive (though a trojan, the software is not malicious). It must be a trojan by nature to enable you to achieve what you want (root). Remember that Google doesn't want people to root phones but they also don't go through an awful lot of trouble to make sure that all the loopholes in their OS are closed. That makes it possible for advanced users to root phones even though sometimes things do go wrong.

You're one of the first people to brick a Turbo 2 but don't worry - those are the pains that early adopters have to deal with. Very many people will avoid bricking their phones the way you did simply because of your experience. At least you can rest assured that if it's not hard-bricked, then it's not bricked at all - eventually someone always comes up with a way to revive a soft-bricked phone.

(2014-11-28, 08:47)leesnose Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] is a tutorial that you can use to restore it even if you had not made a backup.
Exactly right about the rooting software. I disabled virus protection & it did the job a treat.

I created another problem for myself through stupidity but I am going to add the details to another thread.