www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: THL T6 Pro 5.0 inch Android 4.4 3G Phablet off to $98.99 in Gearbest.com!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Item:http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_112198.html
Coupon Code:T6PROLM
Coupon Price:$98.99+Free Shipping

[Image: 1415228151722-P-2150148.jpg]

The T6 Pro is about the size you would expect for a device with a 5 inch display. It isn’t the world’s thinnest, at 8.6mm, but neither is it thick. The bezels down the sides of the display good, but not ultra-thin. Compared to say a Nexus 5, the T6 Pro is a few millimeters longer, 2 mm wider and about the same thickness. In other words to hit this price point the designers at ThL have made the phone’s dimensions distinctly middle-of-the-road, which is perfectly acceptable. I am used to 5 inch devices, my daily “go to” device is a 5 incher. So for me this means the T6 Pro is easy to handle, has a good grip and actually feels quite light.
[Image: 1415228151781-P-2150148.jpg]

On the front is the 720p HD display, with three capacitive buttons on the bottom (menu, home and back). Toward the front top edge is the speaker grill and the front facing camera. Looking around the sides, the power button is on the right, and the volume rocker is on the left. The power button can be easily reached by your index finger when held in your left hand. On the top is the micro USB port and the headphone jack. On the bottom is a small thumbnail space to help prise off the back cover, it also acts as the gap in the outer shell for the microphone. For a little bit of decoration the phone has two metal bands running down each side.

On the back is the slightly protruding camera lens, the LED flash, the “thl” logo and the speak grill. Since the camera protrudes from the back then the phone is prone to rocking when placed on a flat surface. This is most noticeable when trying to type. The back cover is matte plastic with a slight dimple effect. Overall the design is pleasing and the phone is easy to handle.
[Image: 1415228151906-P-2150148.jpg]

For a budget device the choice of processor in the T6 Pro is excellent. The octa-core MediaTek MT6592M runs at 1.4 GHz and gives the phone more than sufficient processor power for most tasks. The processor packs 8 x Cortex-A7 cores and while the Cortex-A7 core isn’t as fast as ARM’s Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A15 cores, the Cortex-A7 is more energy efficient.
[Image: 201411031716118123.jpg]

The battery tests I performed have turned out to be a little inconclusive. The combination of the 5 inch, 720p display and the octa-core processor could leave the 1900 mAh battery struggling to provide a full working day of power. However ThL decided to clock the processor at 1.4 GHz rather than the customary 1.7 GHz. This means that even with a sub 2000 mAh battery, the device should have reasonable battery performance.
[Image: 201411031716121886.jpg]